What's new

In absolute awe of the new G5A

So, somehow I didn't get the email for the latest drop. Do I need to re-subscribe? I may be contacting about the handle shape of that neon green that sold. I do have some questions about planning a brush with a Titanium knot and think it would be more helpful to post them publicly: is there going to be any trouble getting the knot set deep? I see there are three options and the two bulbs look more like a hybrid which is more what I am after? I saw a recent post of a brush that uses this same fibre(wink) and they are starting to make them much more Euro bulb like which I want nothing to do with. How is the density of the SHD and the fan knot compare? Are the 24mm knots similar size to my existing G5C? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
What what, a titanium knot? I can understand wanting a little face exfoliation. But a knot made out of titanium bristle fibers, would be nearly the equivalent of taking steel wool to your face. You can remove rust with that stuff you know.

1672174289544.png

So, somehow I didn't get the email for the latest drop. Do I need to re-subscribe? I may be contacting about the handle shape of that neon green that sold. I do have some questions about planning a brush with a Titanium knot and think it would be more helpful to post them publicly: is there going to be any trouble getting the knot set deep? I see there are three options and the two bulbs look more like a hybrid which is more what I am after? I saw a recent post of a brush that uses this same fibre(wink) and they are starting to make them much more Euro bulb like which I want nothing to do with. How is the density of the SHD and the fan knot compare? Are the 24mm knots similar size to my existing G5C? Thanks for any information you can provide.
I’d say whitelist my email address if you can. If not then you may need to resubscribe. You can also follow me on IG & have post notifications turned on too as an alternative (as a really only post about drops & new products).

For the questions it shouldn’t be a problem but i’d pre-screen you first, because these fibers probably have the strongest backbone I’ve experienced, setting it deep is a recipe for little to no splay - if that’s what you’re looking for.

The bulbs, both regular & the new “UHD” to me are more dense than the fan. The regular being a bit more dense and the UHD being more significantly different.

Size wise they should be pretty similar to the existing G5C - yes!

I think that’s everything but let me know if I missed anything

I’d say whitelist my email address if you can. If not then you may need to resubscribe. You can also follow me on IG & have post notifications turned on too as an alternative (as a really only post about drops & new products).

For the questions it shouldn’t be a problem but i’d pre-screen you first, because these fibers probably have the strongest backbone I’ve experienced, setting it deep is a recipe for little to no splay - if that’s what you’re looking for.

The bulbs, both regular & the new “UHD” to me are more dense than the fan. The regular being a bit more dense and the UHD being more significantly different.

Size wise they should be pretty similar to the existing G5C - yes!

I think that’s everything but let me know if I missed anything
Thanks Andrew! It sound like I better start off with the standard density for a 24x50mm to compliment my existing G5C. Now I will just need to contact you about a handle when I am ready...

I used my G5A for the first time since September.

Lathering is so stupidly easy! That's to be expected with MdC, but even so, lather just explodes off of this brush. Fantastic.

The bristles are very soft, but it's not the same kind of soft as my badger or boar brush. It falls short in comparison here, but my other two brushes rule. The G5A won't be knocked out of my den though, it's great!

When the three G5's came out I bought all three. I like them. The C is my favorite and my wife has taken over the B. Now there's Mig, Titanium, Independent that all look similar to the G5 A or C. Can anyone give evidence of enough difference between these knots to justify trying them?

I’ll post pics tomorrow, but the UHD Titanium knot set at a depth Andrew recommended is denser and more full of the backbone than the G5A set low at my request. Felt just as soft hand-lathering to clean it up before use.
Look forward to hearing :)

Saw this and peaked my interest more :)

so overloaded with my blade and soap right now but looking forward to the brushes and trying some more so I will live through others brush reviews for now :)

Just received my AP Shave Muhle 25mm knot. Looks and feels great in general (like a nice soft synthetic). Some measurements for now: width of the plastic cap/base is about 24.5mm, the depth of the cap is about 14.5 mm. I didn't see these numbers on AP Shave's website. Total height is indeed about 74mm.

Top Bottom