What's new

I'm tired of the rain on my head

Scotland and rain belong together. I finally gave in, and bought a woolen hat.

$20140215_173656-1.jpg

Perfect for rainy Dutch winters too!

Last edited:
Nice cap. Now if you want to keep rain off your ears and back of the neck, get a real hat, with a brim all the way around. Here in the American south and west, most of the skin cancers we see are on the top of men's ears where they are unprotected from direct sun rays.

I envy those that can pull of wearing a hat: I just end up looking like a stupid dork...:blush:

It's not that hat. :wink2: Just kidding.

In all seriousness though it's still not the hat it's your mental attitude when you're wearing one. As in you're being self conscious when you wear one and folks are picking up on it. Just wear the hat.

It's not that hat. :wink2: Just kidding.

In all seriousness though it's still not the hat it's your mental attitude when you're wearing one. As in you're being self conscious when you wear one and folks are picking up on it. Just wear the hat.

I tend to agree with this...I was the same way till I got my fedora and decided I'm going to wear it no matter what others think, and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of compliments I got on it.

Nice hat, johant1968! I spent some time in Scotland in the early '80s and the wet weather ALWAYS had an impact. Of course, my hat at the time was a US Navy dixie cup. Yours is much nicer and doesn't require a commitment to military service. ;^)

Top Bottom