What's new

I'm a Rooney man. My Heritage line-up

My birthday's this Friday. I've got 2 birthday presents for myself. AgBill decided he's an M&F man and sold me his 3XL so that I can complete my heritage XL series. These three brushes will forever be in my shave den. The heritage hair is pretty amazing. My Beehive 1 and my Alibaba 3-band heritage are pretty great brushes as well. The Beehive 1 might be a little too small for me, so not sure if it will stick around.

Pretty happy to have the 3 finally. Birthday shave is definitely going to be with that 3XL with some P160. Anyone else have the 3 brushes or a set of brushes they like from another maker (Ch1-3, Duke 1-3, etc).

as for the 2nd brush... I'm hoping Rudy emails me tomorrow to tell me that the Shavemac 2-band flat-top he ordered is in and that my stone handle will finally get it's new knot. :)

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 346
I'm reasonably certain you'll love the 3XL. Its far and away my fav. brush. I like them SO much,I own two of them.Superb in every aspect.

Craig

That 3XL IS huge. Only 2mm larger than the 2XL, but if Jose posts an overhead shot you will REALLY see it. This brush is pure luxury...

Happy birthday my friend! (Though it is tomorrow)...

Nice collection. :drool:

The brush in the midle seems to have a differente kind of hair, I wonder if I am right or it is due to the light.

Nice collection. :drool:

The brush in the midle seems to have a differente kind of hair, I wonder if I am right or it is due to the light.

I think in the picture, it's the light. The hair in the 2XL and the 3XL is similar. It is a little whiter than the other two. The hair does feel different in all three. The 1XL feels surprisingly soft compared to the other two. If you have any of these brushes you will know that the hair is prickly when dry. This is definitely not the case with the 1XL. The 2XL feels the stiffest when dry and the 3XL is in between the two.

I'm lacking the 2XL. No fair.

I'm shocked! I thought you'd have all 3. You really need to get the 2XL. My 1 and 2 were really begging for me to pick up their bigger brother. So much so that I kept telling AgBill that his brush was really mine from the moment it arrived to his home from the post office. He had no chance. ;-)

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
My birthday's this Friday. I've got 2 birthday presents for myself. AgBill decided he's an M&F man and sold me his 3XL so that I can complete my heritage XL series. These three brushes will forever be in my shave den. The heritage hair is pretty amazing. My Beehive 1 and my Alibaba 3-band heritage are pretty great brushes as well. The Beehive 1 might be a little too small for me, so not sure if it will stick around.

Pretty happy to have the 3 finally. Birthday shave is definitely going to be with that 3XL with some P160. Anyone else have the 3 brushes or a set of brushes they like from another maker (Ch1-3, Duke 1-3, etc).

as for the 2nd brush... I'm hoping Rudy emails me tomorrow to tell me that the Shavemac 2-band flat-top he ordered is in and that my stone handle will finally get it's new knot. :)

It is in the mail!! Bernd made a perfect knot, exact as ordered, and it fit the handle like a finger in a glove. It is always amazing for me to see how exact Bernd can make a knot to specifications. In the order before I had two with the same specifications, just different hair and they looked like identical twins - just different hair color!

Top Bottom