What's new

I would rather shave than have a beard.

What a strange thing to object to. Shaving mechanism that is. Why would disposable be preferred? Costs money over time, always has to go on the shopping list etc.

In recent years, my wife demands that I keep the goatee. At first I didn’t like it, but now I’m used to it and think it looks good. She says it makes me look more mature instead of looking like a kid. Different strokes for different folks.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've had a full beard off and on since my late teens. When I was a young carpenter, the beard made me look older and I thought at the time, more manly, like a carpenter should look.

I got into industrial sales when I was in my early 30s and was clean shaven then. From my 40's on, I've had a beard or been clean shaven. I've never had a mustache or a goatee or even a circle beard. I did try a mustache for a few minutes one time when I was shaving off my beard... I'm no Tom Selleck, that I can tell you. I look silly in a mustache... showed my wife.. and we both knew it had to go. <eg>

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
ACtober SOTD (almost)

Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Proguard (4)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: Shave Chaser CK-6
ASL: Shave Chaser
20221017_170343.jpg
It is a good thing I had to wait for my son to finish HIS SHAVE and shower today.

Because no sooner than I got ready for my shave, my Father-in-Law started throwing up and needed my help cleaning up, then felt so good afterwards that he decided that he wanted to SHAVE today also.

About that time WhichyPoo walked in the door.

I just put all my gear away and set the alarm for 3:45am.

the Struggle is Real

~doug~

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I do have a goatee and mustache... gotta shave around them sometimes! :straight:

~doug~

I get that. Key word: shave

I’m just confused why you are posting a SOTD and talking about shaving in a forum basically dedicated to not shaving. Be that as it may shaving is still required for those that wear beards and mustaches. But I would think that’s what the rest of the B&B is for.

Heck, I’m just generally confused when I venture out of the basement of B&B so don’t mind me

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I get that. Key word: shave

I’m just confused why you are posting a SOTD and talking about shaving in a forum basically dedicated to not shaving. Be that as it may shaving is still required for those that wear beards and mustaches. But I would think that’s what the rest of the B&B is for.

Heck, I’m just generally confused when I venture out of the basement of B&B so don’t mind me
Key word: ACtober (Almost)

I didn't get to shave today.

And basically this thread is about not shaving, as in, every time I try to get in a nice, relaxing, peaceful shave it gets interrupted and I don't get to shave.
It's so ridiculous how often it has happened the last three years since I retired, that I decided this was as good a place to talk about it.

I even grew a beard for an entire year out of frustration. I wanted to SHARE.

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
It's so ridiculous how often it has happened the last three years since I retired, that I decided this was as good a place to talk about it.
It's 10:30pm and the din has not stopped since WhichyPoo walked in the door.

the Struggle is Real

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
For today's installment, The din finally quieted down around 10:37pm and I wen to bed at midnight. I woke up at 4:00am like usual without an alarm and put these signs on the refrigerator.
20221018_060913.jpg
20221018_061150.jpg

Gong Gong is how to say Grandpa in Chinese.

the Struggle is Real

~doug~

For today's installment, The din finally quieted down around 10:37pm and I wen to bed at midnight. I woke up at 4:00am like usual without an alarm and put these signs on the refrigerator.
View attachment 1541400View attachment 1541402
Gong Gong is how to say Grandpa in Chinese.

the Struggle is Real

~doug~
I think you need to stash a camp stove and a kettle somewhere along the path of your 3 mile walks, and get a nice al fresco shave in with no interruptions.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
OCtober Maybe Today Shave?

Razor:
Goodwill
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (2)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: Layrite No 9
20221030_060754.jpg

Excuses, excuses, WhichyPoo said yesterday when we got into a heated argument about the reasons for my not shaving.

Do I bother you when you are putting makeup on? I asked. Of course not, came the answer.

Well, your makeup isn't a sharp razor blade and I would like some peace and quite when I am shaving, not someone taking all the towels away and waving their hands in the air while I have a face full of lather and a razor in my hand.

You can shave while I'm at work, came the reply. Shave your chin, I don't like it. You are making excuses.

The goatee is because of you interrupting me when I want to shave, and I like it. You want me to shave it off, stop making me wait to shave when I want to shave.
I grew a beard for a year, after my first shave you stunk up the laundry room rinsing hair color off when I had my whole shaving set-up on the sink while I was in the shower getting ready to shave.

The other bathroom was not being used and she COULD have rinsed her hair off in there.

Oh, that is an excuse? You stunk up my shaving room and I was no longer in the mood to shave. Well, don't stink up the room and I won't have that excuse WhichyPoo.

That was yesterday morning.

Well, I put up the do not disturb sign on the washing machine today at 5:00am to give notice I wanted to shave after WhichyPoo left for work at 7:30am, so of course, at 7:00am, WhichyPoo decided to run the dryer instead.

On top of that, she decided to clean the bathrooms with some cleaner with chinese lettering on it that reeks like vomit just before she left, so I had to open up all the windows, light candles, and spray Febreze throughout the house.

And no, I'm not making this up.

I might shave later. I really do want to shave today, but I'm making excuses. Yeah, right.

~doug~

I have no doubt Doug's struggle is real. Some women gets irritated with their husbands just for the sake of it, often they get jealous of the care and attention a man dedicate to his hobby no matter what is it. They just don't get it. Let alone collecting, it is something that drives most women critic and complaining. They see it like a childish thing, they are irritated because their room space is invaded by objects absolutely irrelevant to a healthy family life and they are worried about the amount of money her husband throws away. If it's not the money, it's the time wasted.

the struggle is real
~mata~

Top Bottom