What's new

I would rather shave than have a beard.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I never had to shave for work, and never got along with carts, so I reluctantly used electric razors two irritate my face two or three times a week for decades. My facial hair doesn't grow very fast, and I can go about 4-5 days before it looks like I need a shave.

After discovering wet shaving in 2017 I developed a nice routine, and started to shave almost every day, and thoroughly enjoyed my time shaving.

My wife, who I will refer to as WhichyPoo from here on out, has never been on board with my wet shaving, from the first time I looked at a Van Der Hagen at Wal~Mart until this day. WhichyPoo has never had to shave, and was quite content with my infrequent shaving as long as I shaved at least twice a week, and it took less than ten minutes.

WhichyPoo kinda sorta put up with my regular shaving routine, until I retired at the end of 2019.

Now the only time I can get a shave in peace and quite is when WhichyPoo is at work or in bed. I only shaved my neck for a year, still no dice, so now I have a goatee. WhichyPoo hates the goatee.

The struggle is real.

~doug~

I wold take a lot of photos of me shaving and of my shaving equipment, and would post them all around house.
Inside kitchen cupboard, inside fridge, on the ceeling above WP's side of bed, in car...everywhere
Then I would go for 30min shave every morning, at exactly the same time WP needs to use bathroom in the morning...

I wold take a lot of photos of me shaving and of my shaving equipment, and would post them all around house.
Inside kitchen cupboard, inside fridge, on the ceeling above WP's side of bed, in car...everywhere
Then I would go for 30min shave every morning, at exactly the same time WP needs to use bathroom in the morning...
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. It's good to share your interests.

Explain to her that there are other hobbies you could be into that take up more space in the bathroom or the garage and are a lot more expensive. Btw how did she get her nickname? LOL

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I went to the trouble of having a laundry room added to the house, complete with vanity so I can shave there. Still, no dice. WhichyPoo is incredulous.

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Explain to her that there are other hobbies you could be into that take up more space in the bathroom or the garage and are a lot more expensive. Btw how did she get her nickname? LOL
I'm in the process of building a shop for my other hobbies. I have a racecar that has been in storage for 22 years. The contractor shows up tomorrow.

The nickname? Got it from a co-worker that had a wife like mine. Had so much fun sailing with that guy. We left our wives at home.

~doug~

I went to the trouble of having a laundry room added to the house, complete with vanity so I can shave there. Still, no dice. WhichyPoo is incredulous.

~doug~
Take a photo of yourself, half face shaved, half face full of lather (middle of shave) holding a razor with a huge grin on your face
And put it next to the bed, so she can see it as soon as she wakes up, then print same image on coffee mug and sreve her the coffee
Then go and shave
She will be thrilled
YesI'm 100% immature

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Take a photo of yourself, half face shaved, half face full of lather (middle of shave) holding a razor with a huge grin on your face
And put it next to the bed, so she can see it as soon as she wakes up, then print same image on coffee mug and sreve her the coffee
Then go and shave
She will be thrilled
YesI'm 100% immature
Dude, I grew a beard. Still, no dice. The goatee really irritates her. :letterk1:

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Then grow full beard, and kiss her all the time, like every 5 min, and at each kiss, scrape her face with your beard, just a lillte bit
Only shaving my neck for a year had little to no effect. At least I like the goatee. And over half the rest of the men in our neighborhood has a goatee. Pretty much all of us retired guys, and now I know why!!! :ouch1:

~doug~

Top Bottom