What's new

I know I'm Not Alone On This One

So I just wrote a letter or two (Or maybe five, falling behind sucks) And since I have a lot of new inks to try there will be some rainbow coloured correspondence being sent out. Its fun as it enables, and lets you try your new stuff out.... But im not the only one who does this, as I have had letter that look like this myself

those of you who have done it you know who you are, Who else has to bust out everypen and ink they own or a good portion of it for just a single letter ?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
You are not alone James. My young daughter does that too, she likes to alternate every other letter. Crayola pink and lavander usually.:biggrin1:

You are not alone James. My young daughter does that too, she likes to alternate every other letter. Crayola pink and lavander usually.:biggrin1:

That was funny, Mike :lol:

James, I'll switch pens occasionally to show off an ink, but only if I'm writing to a fellow "nib-head". Normal letters to family and for business, well...they get the "one pen treatment" ;-)

I usually stick with one pen one ink for a letter unless im writing a new guy to the NIB, then ill showcase some different nibs and colours so they can see some stuff.... usually now (and this was last night) I start a letter set it down, forget about it flush that pen and reink with something else, realize it and not want to start over, so two colour letter it is lol

But I have been walked through other members collections of pens and inks myself, and I have done this as well

I have been wanting to "diversify" my ink colors, just haven't done it yet. I only have blues, blacks, reds and now a green. Oh, a brown too...think that's all. Now, I do have multi-colored carts for my Parallel's...does that count?

well you could buy more inks see if its the same thing, and then youll know for sure it counts

i would love to receive a letter like that! Sadly, i have never tried it, but, there is always a first time for every thing! :biggrin1:

I haven't written a letter in quite some time, but you should see my journal - it puts a rainbow to shame. If I wrote letters they would be equally colorful.

I found some of my old college notebooks recently and they are a riot of purples, reds, blues, greens, and blacks.

When I was a statistics prof, back in the days before dirt was invented, I used to recommend to my students that they use different colors to capture what I put on the board vs. what I was lecturing on vs. questions that they had for me, etc. People adapted this per their own needs. While many used the trick to keep their thoughts organized, I believe that everybody who did it used those old multi-color ballpoints where you could repeatedly click and change the pen you were using.

I usually stick with one pen one ink for a letter unless im writing a new guy to the NIB, then ill showcase some different nibs and colours so they can see some stuff.... usually now (and this was last night) I start a letter set it down, forget about it flush that pen and reink with something else, realize it and not want to start over, so two colour letter it is lol

But I have been walked through other members collections of pens and inks myself, and I have done this as well
Now that's a great idea. Like I said I am a boring guy.

I must confess, I do both fall behind in letter writing (like I am right now!), and use more than one pen and ink combo for letters.

Depends if I finish a letter in one sitting if it gets slit up to a few different sittings then there is a good chance your going to get multiple colors and pens

I usually use the one color method. I don't use my pens very much, in the outside world, so I tend to keep them clean unless I need to write to fellow members. I ink up a pen and go to work writing and I don't write enough members to go through a fill and have to change it.

Top Bottom