What's new

I just received the Semogue 830 today

I got a nice gift in the mail today yet I am reluctant to break in my new boar brush. I am not sure if I like the handle.

proxy.php

I am contemplating if the handle will be a nice addition to my collection of brushes. I have the Vulfix Grosvenor duel badger/boar, an inexpensive Royal Shave best badger 3 band and a newly acquired Savile Row 3824. I just don't want to break it in when I could just sell it on the B/S/T forum for an optimal return.

I judge my brushes on how they work instead. YMMV. The 830 is one of my best IMO. But you'll never know if you just look at it, and wonder if it matches your decor.

Yes, why don't you like the handle? Broken in or not, Semogues have good resale value (if you are looking to sell, but I don't think you should) because the brush is already in country (America) if selling to someone here so they wouldn't have to wait as long on shipping vs brand new from Portugal. This is probably the most commonly recommended Semogue on the board besides the 2000 and 1305, give it a shot. Is it the feel or the look? The performance is phenomenal, especially when broken in...

Last edited:
It's not that I think it doesn't match my decor but we all have some style in some sort of way. I may replace it with a different Semogue with a solid wooden handle, then again how many brushes does a guy need? I still want to have a custom handle made by Rudy Vey and I was thinking I don't need 6 shaving brushes (was trying to limit myself to just 4).

It's not that I think it doesn't match my decor but we all have some style in some sort of way. I may replace it with a different Semogue with a solid wooden handle, then again how many brushes does a guy need? I still want to have a custom handle made by Rudy Vey and I was thinking I don't need 6 shaving brushes (was trying to limit myself to just 4).

Just four? How can you live, man?

Anyway - if you don't like the acrylic or it doesn't match the look of your shaving den, you can sell it (though you have to be a registered member for a 45 days and have 50 posts before starting a thread.) Someone will buy it, a 620 just went up there and lasted half-an-hour.

The wooden-handled ones are supposed to be quite nice, one is on its way to me as a matter of fact :thumbup1:

Nice looking brush.

Big fan of acrylic handles as I soak my brushes in the sink while I shower.

Just can't stand the strip they put on boar brushes. :mad3:

If you don't like it I'm sure you can sell it on the BST.

Nice looking brush.

Big fan of acrylic handles as I soak my brushes in the sink while I shower.

Just can't stand the strip they put on boar brushes. :mad3:

If you don't like it I'm sure you can sell it on the BST.

You are so right! It wasn't the handle that bothered me. After looking at this photo, it was the badger style 'band' that bothered me.

proxy.php

I think that is a very handsome brush. I like diversity in my brushes. IMHO The 830 will knock your socks off if you think you like the Vulfix boar/badger you have been using.

Top Bottom