What's new

I am Baaaack!!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just got a bit earlier today from a nice break to attend the Lake Placid Horse Show. My cabin had no internet (although it was advertised for) and I had no TV for 11 days - what an amazing experience. To make things even better, my cell phone with ATT service had a max of 1, maybe two bars, but it was enough to keep up with the home base. All my friends had Verizon and had not any issue, even watching Netflix on the phone. Good thing I had downloaded a number of books on my old ipad, and I am now on the fourth....Very relaxing... I always wondered in the last few years what we did before cell phones and computers. Pretty much everyone on the show was on their phones, even when riding their horse.

But now I am home and ready to make your dream brush!!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Just got a bit earlier today from a nice break to attend the Lake Placid Horse Show. My cabin had no internet (although it was advertised for) and I had no TV for 11 days - what an amazing experience. To make things even better, my cell phone with ATT service had a max of 1, maybe two bars, but it was enough to keep up with the home base. All my friends had Verizon and had not any issue, even watching Netflix on the phone. Good thing I had downloaded a number of books on my old ipad, and I am now on the fourth....Very relaxing... I always wondered in the last few years what we did before cell phones and computers. Pretty much everyone on the show was on their phones, even when riding their horse.

But now I am home and ready to make your dream brush!!
Welcome back, Rudy. :)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome back, Rudy. I've been using the Amboyna Burl 25mm STF brush you made for me for applying my pre-shave... and today, I used the Elite Red handle brush with your installed ShaveMac 28mm Two-band Silvertip.... I wasn't anticipating your return but it worked out to be a Rudy Tribute Day... Thx for all your fine work. The three brushes I'm using in rotation at the moment, until they all get broken-in, have all been touched by Rudy... two re-knots and the handle Rudy made me for a 28mm Fan Mozingo knot.

Add to that... I'm putting on an extra application of Pre-Shave before I lather up for my 2nd and 3rd passes. I'm not sure yet if that is making a difference... but I'm just using what's left in the brush after the first application, so what's the harm? Your Amboyna Burl STF is perfect for it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Forgot to add a photo here. I was at the Lake Placid horse shows, first week I was quite good, reserve Champion, but the second week we sucked. The first Sunday it rained like hell and the field of competitors was in my class quite large.
Had to change out of the wet clothing, so no picture on the horse (Rico, show name Regazzo), my trainer Holly by my side.

These two weeks of horse shows are quit prestigious, some famous riders come there. Last Saturday I shared the training ring with Mclain Ward, the most famous and decorated US rider - right now #1 in the world ranking. Nice guy, even took the time to chat with my trainer.
IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom