What's new

"hybrid" baseplate -- what do you think of them?

I've never had an interest in a dual-comb razor, though I have purchased the same razor with an open comb base plate and safety bar plate of the same gap - like the Razorock 68OC and 68SB.

I also have a few vintage OC razors which I thought might be better suited to longer growth, but have not found much utility in them as i rarely let my beard go longer than two days.

Besides that, if I ever need to shave longer growth, or a true beard, I would probably use an open blade, like a straight razor or shavette for the first pass.

All of which I suppose means that I have no real practical use for any open comb and only own them for occasional use and a bit of variety in my collection.

Ok, I will take a little shot at this. To me. this is not rocket science. Using your best tools, improving your skills, should yield good consistency in your results. First, most use has many razors. If you have a DE razor w/ a SB that you like and work best for you...Use it. Now...If you have a DE OC that you like and work best for you....Use Both of them. Why do have have to use just one? Best tools for the job...
If I have a few days of gorilla stubble, I will take one pass with my slant.
Followed up with one of SB or OC razor, and get the job done with some fun...
Do you really need a swiss army type razor.? .( hey the spoon will help to scoop out the soap from the tub)
Think out of the box. Use what you have...

Cheers
BFX

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I like the SB side for cleaning up and the OC side of a hybrid baseplate for a closer shave.
The Lupo DC comes to mind, where both sides funnily are quite evenly matched in efficiency and aggression, .72 OC and .95 SB.
The Yaqi Vostok Duo uses a 1.05 gap for both OC and SB side, I like that very much.
I still would like a Game Changer .84 SB + JAWS or OC hybrid.

Top Bottom