What's new

Howdy!

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to officially introduce myself. I have learned a lot of great information here in the past month while exploring this community of wet-shavers.

While I have been wet-shaving for more than a decade, I typically shaved in the shower using a Schick three-blade and canned gel. Because my technique (and equipment) left a lot to be desired I couldn't shave more frequently then every 48 hours without continual irritation.

For the last few weeks I have been sink shaving, post shower using an old Surry brush with some quality Proraso cream. These few changes have made the entire shave experience much more pleasant.

Upon seeing so many recommendations here for QED, last evening I spoke with Charles and ordered a Merkur HD, blades and one of his shaving sticks. He is (as was mentioned) a wonderful man with which to do business! His enthusiasm about both his work and his products was evident in the time he took to explain the basics regarding DE shaving to a novice like myself. I'm sure he has gone through a similar routine many, many times with other individuals, however he gave me an extremely high level of service that is unfortunately very rare in many retail industries. I was very impressed by the personal attention I received from Charles at QED. If anyone is hesitant about doing business with this man, I believe your doubts are unfounded.

Anyway, thanks for the forum I look forward to posting many questions :biggrin:.

Welcome Frank! Charles is indeed a gem. I am sure that will not be your last purchase from him... :biggrin:

Dennis

Welcome, and you took a very wise step in calling QED and talking with Charles. I like his soaps, though since I like to build lather in a bowl, I don't use the shaving stick. I suggest you also get one of LetterK's sampler packets of blades to see which blade will work best for you---there's a lot of individual variation in response to blades.

Top Bottom