What's new

How to Treat Shaving Cream and Shaving Soap Acquisition Disorder (SCAD & SSAD)

I received my sample packs from Garry, QCS & Mama Bear's today. T&H is still on the way.

I'm actually overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have now have. :ohmy: I could shave everyday for two months before I would have to use a soap that I've used before.

Awesome post Connor! I'm just getting started with DE shaving, and have been picking up as many sample packs as I can. I started a thread over on Reddit recently; you might want to take a look at it for some more sample packs. There's also a few vendors that throw in free samples with orders. By the way, you can find TOBS samples on the Shave Den's store for about 50 cents cheaper than Shoebox Shaveshop. Not a huge difference, but when you're like me and want to try every flavour, it helps to save a few bucks. :001_tongu

When I posted this I didn't think the samples actually would cure my SSAD...but they sure did! I haven't even considered purchasing another soap since then. Nor have I finished a single one of these...

So far I have tried Vostok & Marlborough. Sadly the Marlborough has no scent to me, not sure if it's just my nose or the grating killed the scent. Bummer.

I was surprised about the lack of scent with Marlborough as well. I definitely enjoy the scent, but I just wish it was stronger.

I've never tried this stuff, and I don't read to much about it on B&B, but I came across this good deal for Kell's Shaving Soap the other day:

http://kellsoriginal.com/category.sc?categoryId=6

Just $2 for a 1oz sample. After I've knocked down my current sample supply to about half of what it is now, I'll be ordering a few from here. I like this sample size...large enough to really get a feel for the soap, but not so large that it hangs around as long as a full puck.

Conroygc, when you get through a good amount of your samples, could you update us on your experiences?

Will do, though I think you'll be waiting quite some time. I haven't finished a single one of them yet.

...Actually, I did use the Grafton shaving cream and gave the rest to my buddy. Amazing performance and the scent is great, though there are others I prefer.

I've never tried this stuff, and I don't read to much about it on B&B, but I came across this good deal for Kell's Shaving Soap the other day:

http://kellsoriginal.com/category.sc?categoryId=6

Just $2 for a 1oz sample. After I've knocked down my current sample supply to about half of what it is now, I'll be ordering a few from here. I like this sample size...large enough to really get a feel for the soap, but not so large that it hangs around as long as a full puck.

Kells doesn't get brought up too often here, but I've only heard good comments about it. I'll probably try some eventually. Let us know if you get some and how you like it!

Kells doesn't get brought up too often here, but I've only heard good comments about it. I'll probably try some eventually. Let us know if you get some and how you like it!

I was about to pull the trigger on some, then I made the mistake of taking inventory of the soaps & creams I already have, including many samples of T&H, GFT, Ogallala, and Mama Bears, e-shave, and AOS (non of which I've touched yet) and decided I need to work on what I have, rather than accumulate more.

Another thing I like about Kells' is that for $8 you can get a full size puck WITH a tin.

Top Bottom