• Enough for my lifetime.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I have so much I have no idea how much I have

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’ll go first. At 50 years old, and assuming I live to 75, and at two bowls a day of 3 grams of tobacco, I would need 120 pounds in the cellar. I know I don’t have a hunnert twenny pounds of tobacco, but I think I’m somewhat close. I stopped counting at 80 pounds and that was 2 years ago.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Just one tin of each blend. no jars.

Approximate breakdown:

6 to 8 English blends with Latakia
10 to 12 Virginia and Virginia/Oriental blends
Maybe 15 Virginia/Perique blends
8 to 10 Virginia/Burley blends
Around 10 Aromatic blends, including Lakelands (maybe four or five contain Cavendish, and the rest being topped Virginia forward blends)

Those figures might not be entirely accurate, as I'm just working from memory, but they're in the right ballpark. I do know that based on smoking 6 to 8 tins a year, I'd have more than five years worth, but less than ten, and if I ever went back to smoking 50g per week, I'd only have enough for about a year. So this all seems close enough.

This is more than i intended stocking, but I bought one tin of everything I wanted to try. From here, I intend to buy one replacement tin, for every two or three tins I smoke (just the favourites). That way I should have a managed decline in quantity, so I'm not just buying stuff for someone else to dump in a skip when I'm gone.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As only an occasional smoker, I have way more than I'll ever smoke, 50-60 lbs. FOMO is a terrible thing. I need never to buy any tobacco, but occasionally I'll give in and try something new, looking for "the one". I also have WAY too many pipes. Most of my B&B LEs have only been smoked a handful of times each.

Many pounds but I'm not really sure of an exact number. Still need to go through and weigh it all and add it up lol. Gonna guess somewhere around 10lbs but I am aweful at guessing. Its probably alot higher lol

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Having recently moved to a new house, I can say I have too much tobacco and also not enough.

It’s been a while since I’ve done a tally, but I’m somewhere around 150-200 pounds. While that is more than I’ll smoke in my lifetime, I fully intend to pass a bunch to my son if he’s interested, and I’ve also bought with the intention of making some money off my cellar 30 years from now. Buy now for X, add time and good cellaring conditions, and then sell for Y. I had the disposable income and plenty of cool dry basement space, so it just made sense to go wild as a way of (eventually) paying for this hobby and maybe making a little money.

I have several Dunhill tins: EMP, Aperitif, London Mixture, Nightcap... I think 5 of each. Few large jars of GH Ennerdale and Bob's Chocolate Flake. Some GH Rope in a large jar - Sweet Maple Twist. That's it. It's not a lot, but since I don't smoke that much, it should last many years.

Oh, I forgot some 3-4 tins of Peterson's University Flake and Hyde Park (I wasn't able to get GH Rum Flake, and this is almost identical).

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
SmokingPipes, from whom I've bought most of my tobacco, says that I've tried more than 75 blends. Many of those are single tin purchases, but I have bought several by the pound as well, some just based on reputation.

Since July of 2018, I’ve managed to put nearly 95 pounds in the cellar, plus I’m guessing 3 or 4 pounds on the smoking shelf. That should take me into my eighties at my current smoking pace and if I manage to live that long. It also explains my TAD purgatory, as my Social, Menu, and Financial Advisor has deemed my current supply sufficient (The Deeming Law that counts). Enough for my lifetime? Time will tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom