What's new

How Many Shaving Soaps are you rotating ?

2 soaps, 2 creams. Heavy on the Stirling Clubman and RR Captain's Choice Bay Rum. I'll get back to the Tabac and Palmolive menthol creams so enough.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I tend to just pick a soap based on how I feel. Same with my brushes. It's the fun of having a variety in the cabinet. I have 8 right now with a 9th and 10th on the way (B&M + Synergy inbound).

Let's see...I've got Tabac, MWF, Proraso Red & Green, Cella and Arko in the rotation. The 4 Col. Conk soaps have been put away.

I am really glad I found this thread! Just when I think a certain AD is out of control I see others who have my supply doubled or tripled. I feel better now.

Soaps/creams in rotation... In true rotation (I define as using at least once in a month) I would say 5 soaps right now, no creams. On deck and standby (meaning I may only use them every several months), maybe another 5-6 soaps and 3 creams. Plus a couple more soaps and a bunch of samples that are going to have to wait a year or so before I get to them. So, all totaled I have about 10-15 soaps from 6-7 manufacturers and about half that for creams.

4 soaps, one cream in my rotation. Except its hard to pass up the smell of Proraso Green in the morning, so that one gets a little more attention than the others.

In rotation:

1. Tabac
2. Mitchell's Wool Fat
3. Scottish Fine Soaps Classic
4. D. R. Harris (Marlborough)
5. Art of Shaving (sandalwood soap)
6. Art of Shaving (unscented cream)
7. Van der Hagen (luxury)
8. Cella (sample)
9. Stirling (naked and smooth) (sample)
10. Stirling (Clubman) (sample)
11. Stirling (Scots pine sheep) (sample)
12. Williams

Waiting to get into rotation:
1. Stirling (sharp dressed man) (sample)
2. Stirling (sandalwood) (sample)
3. Stirling (Stirling spice) (sample)

Last edited:
I've got 3 soaps at the moment. Cella, which is my favorite to use. RazoRock's Inaugural (old town exclusive), which is a close second, and a Col Conk Bay Rum, which I still want to use a few more times before I give it my final verdict.

Well right now I am playing around with two soaps, William's and Mike's.

Typically I use one soap start to finish (3017). That way I really get to know the soap and get great lather. Unless the soap performance or the scent is terrible, it's nice to stick with one product.

I might eventually go to a rotation where I use the same soap for a week then on to the next one...but for now this is fine.

Maybe I can use 12 different soaps. One for each month. But I'm not sure I can stick to using one soap the entire month.

I can't think of an exact number off the top of my head but, about 10. All of them are in rotation. It just depends on my mood really. I bought 2 soap lots this past weekend and a good sized order from Garry's shop. I think that I'll have enough soap for a month or two.

Currently 2 soaps and a cream.

Proraso Red Sandalwood soap
VDH Luxury Soap
C.O. Bigelow Menthol/Eucalyptus Cream

I own 38 soaps, 20 creams, and about 20 samples. Too many. I'm trying to figure out which ones I can get rid of, while limiting what I buy.

Last year I started a plan where I pick out between 10 to 12 products to concentrate on each here, while occasionally using any of the others for a few days. Last year I went at least 10 shaves in a row with one of the main products, followed by a day or two with whatever. This year I'm doing it slightly different. I'll go 20 shaves in a row with the same product to start the month, then go random to finish out the month.

I love your 20 shaves to start the month approach. I think I'll do the same but make it the first 2 weeks of the month instead of 20 days. I think this will make for a nice rhythm.

Soaps
Cella
De Vergulde Hand
Palmolive
Arko
RazoRock Bee's Knees
Wilkinson Sword
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Man Cave Bay Rum
Man Cave Gentleman's Tweed
HTGAM Pumpkin Pie

Total: 10