What's new

How Many Shaving Soaps are you rotating ?

I have a lot of soaps and creams.

15 soaps :
- 3 HTGM, Gondolier, Cocobay, Vanetiver
- 3 C&E
- 2 Le Père Lucien, Intense, Limited Edition Forum Rasage Traditionnel Agrumes-Mango
- 1 Martin de Candre Original
- 2 Proraso, Green, White
- 1 Dr K Shaving Soap Lime
- 1 Trumper Officier & Gentleman
- 2 Madame Scodioli, Hierophant, Mermaid (just ordered today)

Sticks :
- 1 La Toja
- 1 Palmolive
- 1 Dr Harris Arlington
- 1 Arko

Creams :
- 1 Musgo Real Oak moss
- 1 Weleda
- Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
- 1 Proraso, Red

Not many

Palmolive stick
Palmolive cream
Ingrams cream
Proraso Green soap
MWF
Musgo Real cream

6. That's a surprise, I never counted before.

Almost embarrassed to post my meager list. But I kind of like just staying with just a couple for now (sort of like staying with just one brand of gasoline for my car).

Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate cream
Ogallala Bay Rum soap

1.01 Almost strictly MWF...but I switch to Mike's on occasion, sometimes a very nice tallow/lanolin soap one of our brothers made. When I travel I face lather da Fat, but I also carry a cream, currently: Godrej, Tabac, or my last tube of Irisch Moos (sigh). And I also have sticks of La Toja and Arko. All fitting into that .01. I used Tabac to face lather, my last day in Chicago. Love the scent.

I'm pretty much just using MdC Fougere. I do also have a 1/2 puck of QCS Celestial Woods and a small sample of MdC scented, but 99% of the time the Fougere gets called up.

It's funny to think about because before DE I used one can of foam or gel until it ran out then got a new one. Now it's rotated between white Proraso, green Proraso, Smolder from Shaving Den, Cella, and a few samples of other stuff. But still want to get some Stirling and Mike's.

Between soaps and creams I pick out 3 for each month. This month is e jagger aloe, e jagger seabuckthorn (a cream now so hard I use it like a soap), and MW Lilac.

Total I have 5 full size soaps (and maybe a 4 samples) and 11 full size creams (and maybe another half dozen samples).

Last edited:
I keep FOUR soaps total on hand at all times. When I finish one, I buy another so that I always have 4. I have no creams and haven't use creams in several years.

right now the 4 are:

1) MW Rosalimone (one of my favorite scents of all time)
2) Stirling Grapefruit (refreshing)
3) RazoRock XX (nice cologne scent)
4) RazoRock San Valentino (bought it 'cause I love Rosalimone, but the scent is totally different, but still nice)

Two soaps (Tabac and Proraso Green. Would have been 3, but I just polished off the last of the Mama Bear Dragon Blood) and 3 TOBS Creams (Sandalwood, Eton College, Jermyn St.). I don't particularly like the sandalwood, but I keep it in rotation mainly by mixing it with one of my soaps to help the lather.

I'm a minimalist. Two Soaps and Two creams. Mostly because one soap and one cream were low, so I bought another. I do like to swith around, but only 1-2 at a time. I buy it, use it, then buy something else! I'll sometimes get some for x-mas or birthday, so that bumps me to 3-4 (and I think, "Good Lord, how am I going to use all this stuff?" But I always do. :)

7 Soaps and creams... just nice for a week rotation

Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream <- Finishing soon
Proraso Green Tub
Cella
Tabac
Le Pere Lucien
Mtichell's Wool Fat
Martin de Candre Scented -> Meeting someone to buy it off him tomorrow
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap -> Replace my Nivea, waiting for my friend to get it for me from Japan; end of this month.

Too many -

Soaps:
Trumper's Lime
Williams
Vintage Colgate
Martin de Candre fougere
Martin de Candre regular
Proraso green
La Saponeria Artigiana - Sapone a Barba

Creams:
Real Shaving Company natural
C.O. Bigelow