What's new

How many flecks in a snurdle? Or, What do you guys do with all that lather?

Snurdles only come from tubes. You dip out dollops from the jars.

Us "old folk" around here remember the time when snurdles did come in jars. <sigh> Sicut transit gloria mundi.

edit: I tried to find the thread, but couldn't. Anyhow, as proof of the above, I remember (and can't find) a thread on how to make your own snurdleizer (a device for removing the perfect snurdle of cream from a jar.)

Last edited:
i dont get any extra lather. you have to measure your limits. i only do one swirl and i add water untill a get my lather and none of it goes into the drain.

I have a pneumatic lather compressor that I run my leftovers through. They're pretty reasonable--I bought mine for about 650GBP (including international shipping) from Penhaligon's. I got the satin finish, but you can get it in gold and, of course, the traditional enamel. It takes a little while to get the steam up but once it gets going, it does a great job of driving most of the excess moisture out of the lather and returning it to close to the original creamy state. Some people might think it's excessive, but I like to reduce my lather the same way that Edwardian barbers did.

I have a pneumatic lather compressor that I run my leftovers through. They're pretty reasonable--I bought mine for about 650GBP (including international shipping) from Penhaligon's. I got the satin finish, but you can get it in gold and, of course, the traditional enamel. It takes a little while to get the steam up but once it gets going, it does a great job of driving most of the excess moisture out of the lather and returning it to close to the original creamy state. Some people might think it's excessive, but I like to reduce my lather the same way that Edwardian barbers did.

:lol:

"Wasted lather" is really not the way to think about it anyway. During the actual shave, the only lather you really "use" is the microscopic layer that occludes itself between the razor and the skin.

I do not overproduce the lather in the first instance, cause after using the one in the bowl, there is still a nice good amount on the brush.

The excess i give my face a good wash!

Ryan

Top Bottom