What's new

How does the Tradere compare to Wolfman?

Looking somewhat similar in design, I was wondering if the two compare and which gap the Tradere compares most closely to.

Thanks.

Wish I could help but have never used a Tradere, I received my first Wolfman about a week ago and love it.

I can compare it to a Timeless Ti SB .95, the WR2 SB 1.35 is smoother and more efficient, but still able to be used as a daily shaver.

Do not have any idea if that helps, have fun with whatever you end up with.

Doug

One of the fellows at dfs, who has both rates the original Tradere OC as more aggressive than the Wolfman .86.

I have #34 of the original Tradere run.

The only thing I have that is more toothy is a Le Coq cage-comb, which I believe may be more aggressive than others, as its guards are both more round than oblong. I can with minimal pressure insert a 1/4" dowel behind them, and they almost perfectly follow the dowel's curve. The other 2 that I have handled stuck out further, i.e., more an egg curve than a ball. I cannot say which would be closer to stock.

I would be surprised if you find something with more blade feel & contact than an original Tradere. If you're talking Blackland, that's a different discussion.

One of the fellows at dfs, who has both rates the original Tradere OC as more aggressive than the Wolfman .86.

I have #34 of the original Tradere run.

The only thing I have that is more toothy is a Le Coq cage-comb, which I believe may be more aggressive than others, as its guards are both more round than oblong. I can with minimal pressure insert a 1/4" dowel behind them, and they almost perfectly follow the dowel's curve. The other 2 that I have handled stuck out further, i.e., more an egg curve than a ball. I cannot say which would be closer to stock.

I would be surprised if you find something with more blade feel & contact than an original Tradere. If you're talking Blackland, that's a different discussion.
Good point. I am indeed speaking of the Blackland offering. Your input however, is still greatly appreciated.

I had Tradere OC and Wolfman WR1 .67 OC. I would say that they are approximately equal in terms of aggressiveness. But don't forget that Tradere has many disadvantages. 118 gr. weight, very wide head and thin handle.

Good point. I am indeed speaking of the Blackland offering. Your input however, is still greatly appreciated.
In that case, I would say go Wolfman. Everything I've read about Blackland's Tradere is comparatively unremarkable, in that price range. Not in any way demeaning their product, but the original is still uniquely unique.

…I would say go Wolfman. Everything I've read about Blackland's Tradere is comparatively unremarkable, in that price range. Not in any way demeaning their product, but the original is still uniquely unique.

+1! The Wolfman WR1 killed my RAD!! It is that good and a very nimble shaver IMHO!! :thumbup:

Thank you gents. I was more curious than interested in owning one of these razors. They look like similar head designs to me.

They look like similar head designs to me.

I can put your curiosity to rest...they couldn't be more different, design-wise.
Don't know about performance...would never fork out Tradere money just to find out.
Wolfman, would recommend highly, as long as you hit your ideal gap on the first go,
it's now some sort of a shaving bargain.

I can put your curiosity to rest...they couldn't be more different, design-wise.
Don't know about performance...would never fork out Tradere money just to find out.
Wolfman, would recommend highly, as long as you hit your ideal gap on the first go,
it's now some sort of a shaving bargain.

Out of curiosity, do you mean a bargain based on B&B economics in that if you hit it on the first go you don't need to keep getting back on the list to buy more :)?

Out of curiosity, do you mean a bargain based on B&B economics in that if you hit it on the first go you don't need to keep getting back on the list to buy more :)?

correct.

Plus, with the basic finishes, the prices are now not as crazy as before.

Top Bottom