What's new

Is my Wolfman too mild?

I have just purchased a Wolfman WR2 1.05 gap, and to my surprise it wasn't efficient enough. It is as if there is no blade inside. How can that be?
It would benefit you and everyone else if you provided say, what other razors you use that you like and get great shaves from, what angle you are using while shaving with the 1.05, what blade you are using at the time being, and any other pertinent info that might be helpful in finding a better soloution for you.
Jame would do right to his customers to give more info on the GAP agressiveness scale, but still people would buy wrong gap for face n beard combo.
The best info about Wolfman razors will be found in a couple threads here on B&B and on a few other forums and in fact, go a little further in depth more than what James could ever post on his site!!

I think it's a wet shaving 'rule' that everyone starts out wanting smooth and irritation free, so they go 'mild'. Over time, as one learns their body/skin and technique, they creep into more aggressive razors. Those more aggressive razors can be just as smooth and become 'mild' feeling.

As others have said, the design of the Wolfman WR2 is that with a wide gap, a blade can have less exposure and thus feel mild while shaving like a razor that otherwise would be aggressive. In other words, it feels mild but delivers a more aggressive shave than the blade exposure would give you in another razor. Imho, it's ingenious and the best thing about the WR2.

I have the 1.05, 1.15, 1.25, and 1.55 WR2s. The 1.05 was my first. It's a great shaver and can give you anything you want as you learn your body (face, head, etc.). On B&B and other forums, I believe most people gravitate to the 1.15 or 1.25 for a daily shave. Good luck with your shaving adventure!

I have just purchased a Wolfman WR2 1.05 gap, and to my surprise it wasn't efficient enough. It is as if there is no blade inside. How can that be?

I know of a few people who love the 1.05 gap...one of them shaves with straights and prefers the 1.05...go figure,
but that's how it is. This can be debated endlessly without resolution...it all depends on your beard growth.
Men in your region mostly have very rugged board growth so I am not surprised by your experience.

I would put up a BST listing to trade with a member of good standing.

Top Bottom