What's new

Holding credit card information for reservation at barber?

I stopped going to my barber because not only did I have to book my appointment online, they use a third party booking tool that would require me to create an account and give my card details. Too much faff for a guy that just wants a quick cut...

Instead I found a very well regarded barber just down the road that only accepts walk ins. I asked why they preferred that old school approach and the answer was because that way they never have to deal with no-shows and cancellations 😀

Hi,

I have never seen a Barber who even took credit cards. Cash only. And no appointments. Just walk-in, sit, and wait your turn.

Stan

Well I now cut my own now saves me money, but I don’t have enough hair to screwup.

If you don’t like Barber shop policy, find a new place.

Old time barber shop are disappearing, most hair cut places have cosmetologists who seem to do ok job.

As an update: this shop seems to have dropped the credit card requirement. I assume they dropped it because it was unpopular but I haven't asked.

As an update: this shop seems to have dropped the credit card requirement. I assume they dropped it because it was unpopular but I haven't asked.
Best not to upset the people who prepare your food or cut your hair. You could walk out of there looking like a World War One "Doughboy".

I’d find a new barber. I very much dislike businesses that make up their own inconvenience fees. Like gas stations that add a 3% credit card fee if you buy something below $10. They are just inconvenience fees and in many cases illegal. You are inconveniencing them somehow so they are charging you for it. IMO that’s the price of owning your own business. You take the hit, don’t pass it on the customer.

Honestly, I just have gotten to where I hate retail in general. The whole experience has gotten out of control. I can’t wait for the day where I can do 100% of my shopping online and have it delivered.

Be careful of what you ask for. Amazon is becoming more unpleasant to deal with, especially if it wasn't what was ordered or expected. Last week we received a different size than was ordered. The only way to return it was at a Whole Foods Market about five miles away using a Kiosk with little or no help of how to handle it. Amazon has other announces too.

Top Bottom