What's new

HLS Elbrus review

HLS Elbrus Titanium

For some time now, I had my eye on this lovely adjustable slant. Very beautiful machine, but at the same time quite scary to look at! A little bit of the huge warp of the blade, a little bit of the huge gap in the last setting, could put someone off from messing with it…

Personally, the specific features attracted me more than they left me indifferent or frightened.
So somehow I started visiting the Home Like Shaving (HLS) site regularly and looking at it, watching the related videos, as well as reading the unfortunately few reports about such a special machine!

After finally overcoming the obstacle of buying from Russia in the current period, at the end of 2023 I placed the order and the sweet anticipation began. The truth is that I waited with great anxiety for it to come into my hands, until finally this beautiful package arrived after 1.5 months!

So opening the package, we see an excellent quality wooden package. Inside is the machine with its base. The build quality is definitely top notch and what initially surprised me when I took it out of the box is the light weight, firm grip and nice weighting. The ring has numbered settings from 1 to 6, but it actually continues to rotate past 6, reaching 3.5 - 4. So we're now talking about 1 - 10!!!!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
This head is just ... it appeals to my scifi-sense of aesthetics and also has a touch of Luigi Colani, it looks grown, man, it could also be from an Alien movie or designed by H.R. Giger. I would like a different type of handle maybe, but it is splendid as it is.

I just don't dare buying anything from Russia or Ukraine right now. Tibam handles, but also Stork handles from Belarus are also affected.

After more than a month of exclusive and almost daily shaving with Elbrus, I have to say that I have not regretted buying it for a single moment.
Many tests, with various soaps and blades and I didn't have the slightest irritation even at the extreme settings with the huge gap which reaps!
Elbrus wants respect, but with time the beast is tamed!

Top Bottom