What's new

Here we go again, why are we paying ATT 200$ and get 303 steel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ATT raozrs, don't get me worng, they are great ones!
But
I still think that ATT could use better steel, for almost 200$ they can use gold if they want ;)

316L is a little bit higher priced than 303, really don't see any reason why they won't use it

And BTW
I am really not the only one who complain about it
Open any youtube video of reviews about it, and the same comment goes up again and again "why are you using 303 when you can use 316L? "

so I am not bashing the company, I think they make great products and do love them, I just wonder if so many want 316L, why not giving it to them?!
Please, Please, Please!
Tell me the measurable amount of wear you have measured since using your ATT?
How did you measure that wear?
How much wear occurs at each shave?
Does hard water or soft water have a different wear rate?
Which beard type causes more wear?

I have ATT raozrs, don't get me worng, they are great ones!
But
I still think that ATT could use better steel, for almost 200$ they can use gold if they want ;)

316L is a little bit higher priced than 303, really don't see any reason why they won't use it

And BTW
I am really not the only one who complain about it
Open any youtube video of reviews about it, and the same comment goes up again and again "why are you using 303 when you can use 316L? "

so I am not bashing the company, I think they make great products and do love them, I just wonder if so many want 316L, why not giving it to them?!

It appears to me that you're obsessing over minutia.

Just enjoy your razors and relax. If/when Wolfman ever opens his waiting list again you can put your name on it and then eventually you'll get a 316SS razor.

I seem to recall a similar topic in the SE forum concerning what type of stainless steel the Mongoose is made of. Is there a particular reason or point to this concern of stainless steel? Both the ATT and Mongoose razors are good razors and the fact that they are made of stainless steel makes them even better and they will last past your lifetime with proper care. Just enjoy them and not get worked up about minor things like they type of stainless steel.
That thread was also started by ead!
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...el-is-the-Mongoose-Stainless-Steel-SE-made-of

FYI everyone. These threads are being started because of an article about stainless in razors and rust written on another shave site. All links to the article are being deleted, but the article was not well done. It will scare people into not buying stainless razors, though.

Seriously, the guy talks about the wonderful steel in SAMURAI SWORDS and other silliness. (He uses the caps, not me).

Last edited:
$OOPS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom