What's new

Henson mild v medium

Stupid question probably but, for those who have both mild and medium in the same color, how do you quickly/easily distinguish the two razors?

Thanks.

IMG_5930.jpeg

I can't compare, as the mild is my only one. But I would like to share that the razor can be made more aggressive by loosening the handle about a quarter turn. I do this for the first pass, then tighten it fully for the rest of the shave. During my clean up touches, I'll loosen it again if there are any areas giving me trouble.
I wonder if one could also shim this razor for a more efficient shave?

Hi all,

Does anyone have both the mild and medium versions of the Henson?

I have the Mild and wondered whether the Medium represents much of a step up in efficiency? I.e. does it merit me shelling out for!!

Thank you

Miold or Medium can be made more aggressive with certain blades, somer brands of blade are super share & more consistent due to quality control, and price.

Many price point (CHEAP Blade), are not consistent from blade to blade. Several U-Tubes on Blade Production, sort of cool to sell production practice. but many blade make the cut, because the QC is not air tight on cheap production blades.

Hello everyone! I will soon be a proud owner of a Henson AL13 Medium version in Steel Blue!
View attachment 1476152

Correct, there is only 1 angle, and thats the beauty of this razor IMO. I am looking for a razor that helps me to shave quicker, without having to put so much concentration into maintaining my angle. From the research that I have done, I am fairly certain that this razor is it.

Reading the posts up above, I wanted to also let you guys in on some other stuff I learned in my research. I was on the Henson website, and I was looking at the models, and I too thought it was weird, that they were not selling an aggressive version of the AL13. Until I found myself stumbling onto the Titanium version of their razor.

Well, first of all, considering that they CNC'd the same exact handle design in Titanium, I don't think their razor is worth 250 dollars. This comes from someone who knows, because I own a Timeless Titanium TI95 razor with a Crown handle, so I think I know a thing or two about that. The Timeless Titanium razors start at 225 dollars, and you get a better handle by default, even if its not the Crown handle.

Having said all that however, I did discover, that Henson sells an aggressive version of their Titanium razor. Yes, I kid you not! But look what you have to pay, you gotta pay 250 dollars to get a Henson razor that is +++ aggressive +++. Hmm, take my advice, if you want to spend 250 dollars on a razor, just get a Timeless Titanium razor.

Anyways, can't wait to try out my new Henson razor, so I can also be a member of the Henson aluminum razor club among you amazing folks hehe. 😄
I plan on shimming my ++ Medium++ after I get a few more shaves on it. Maybe it will approach the +++Agressive+++ model available only in Ti. It could get interesting IMO!

When I feel that drag or suction, I know it is cutting well.
Wonder if this effect is similar to what others have described for the Rex Ambassador razor? I put a mirror finish on the Rex and seems to glide a little smoother. Wouldn't want to polish my Aircraft Aluminum model since it would remove the anodize (probably). Not a metallurgist but why take a chance?

..... the +++Agressive+++ model available only in Ti.
Actually it is available in aluminum as well

Wonder if this effect is similar to what others have described for the Rex Ambassador razor? I put a mirror finish on the Rex and seems to glide a little smoother. Wouldn't want to polish my Aircraft Aluminum model since it would remove the anodize (probably). Not a metallurgist but why take a chance?
Don't do it. If you want to polish one, get the Ti22 titanium.

Top Bottom