What's new

Helping finding a 78g

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the BST forum, but here goes. I recently bought a Pilot Metropolitan and it's a great pen, but the medium nib is a little too thick for my small handwriting. I want to pick up a 78g with a fine nib to put in the Metro. I have looked on isellpens and the Bay, but can't find exactly what I want - a black 78g with a fine nib. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.

I'd say to check the bay again. pokydady has a black fine nib listed BIN for under $10 shipped.

Thanks all. Anyone have experience dealing with him? I've never bought from eBay internationally before.

I have bought 6 78Gs from him, to give away and to keep. Shipping isn't the slowest, but he will respond asap when you ask questions. If I ever have someone interested in a fountain pen, he is the one I will turn to for a nice and and easy purchase without worries.

I have bought 6 78Gs from him, to give away and to keep. Shipping isn't the slowest, but he will respond asap when you ask questions. If I ever have someone interested in a fountain pen, he is the one I will turn to for a nice and and easy purchase without worries.

Sounds good to me. I will contact him about the 78g in the link above. Thanks again to everyone that responded.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've ordered from a couple of the Hong Kong "$10 shipped anywhere" 78g sellers including Pokydady, and had no problems.

+1 My 78G got to Kansas City faster than the expected delivery date by several days.

Good to know. I placed my order this afternoon. I haven't gotten shipping info yet, probably due to the time difference, but I guess I should plan for a few weeks at least, right?

Good to know. I placed my order this afternoon. I haven't gotten shipping info yet, probably due to the time difference, but I guess I should plan for a few weeks at least, right?

If it doesn't get hung up in customs, I'd say a week to 10 days. YMMV.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Hit & miss ... I think it's like gambling on whether you can "time the lights" in city traffic or get held up in rush hour ...

I've ordered a bunch of Pilots from Pokydaddy, for pifs to friends, the service was great, and shipping time was not too bad.

i have ordered from him on ebay and have had no issues. Those 78g are very nice writers. i picked up a B & a F nib and i really like the B nib very much. Great writer.
Good luck.

Top Bottom