What's new

help with thinning hair on crown

1576580003588.jpeg

I say shave it! I started receding in my 20's and by the time I reached 50 it was a lost cause. My dad did the comb over and on windy days it left him with this huge lock of hair hanging off the left side of his head (comical is not look I'm aiming for). The men in my bloodline have had issues with baldness and my uncle always said, "God made a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair."

As far as the toupee, if you're a performer I get it. Charlton Heston wouldn't have been so commanding without his, Sinatra and Der Bingle couldn't swing without hair, Bogey would look less threatening.

My 5cent advice: do NOT take hormones or hormone blocking agents, as those will have sexual and also mental side effects.... Rogaine is OK...worth trying....and if that doesn't help, keep your hair longish while you can and eventually you could either be 1/2 bald or shave it. I thought Irish had good head of hair...... but who am I kidding....those gene test point me to UK and I am bald and proudly so

John Wayne wore a piece starting in the late 1940s. When mocked by Harvard leftists in the 60s...."It's real hair, not mine, but its real"

The chinese take a herb called fo-ti to battle the aging (grey hair, losing hair) and a specialized therapist or dr might be a worthwhile visit to help you battle this more structured. In the end a clean shave is better as a bad comb over imho.

I had great hair 10 years ago. It was receding at the temples but looked fine. I started buzzing my hair during the summer and never looked back. A year later I started shaving it with a slim. I love baldness.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Buy and put on some Vive for Men by Loreal.

It’s a thickening and grooming gel.

It thickens for increased texture and styling stamina.

This stuff has regenium XY.

My friend Mike, who has little hair, said that he believed in this gel.

Have you thought about trying to keep the hair you actually have? I've been using Rogaine or the Kirkland equivalent for years now and while my hair line is receding it's receding extremely slowly. My hair stylist who does everyone in my family has said not to stop using it because it's working. I don't know if it would regrow hair but it might prevent the loss of hair. I only use it once a day in the morning in spite of the instructions saying twice a day. I have thought about using it twice a day to see if I might be able to grow some hair. Maybe that should be my New Year's Resolution for Rosh Hashanah.

This is what I've been doing as well...started at twice a day, went down to once a day. As with your experience, I think Rogaine has slowed the hair loss, but I can't say it's reversed it at all. And since the instructions say that stopping could result in quicker hair loss, I've kept using it.

Top Bottom