What's new

Head Shaver's Check-In

Tonight I did a head to head battle of the vintage blades. The Wilkinson Sword (aka Light Brigade) was the clear winner but both delivered great shaves. The London Bridge definitely had to work harder to get there though.

IMG_3607.jpeg

Tonight’s shave is in the books. And I have to say wow! What a great shave.

Used the Ti22 mild with a Feather blade this time. It mowed down a solid 5 day growth on my head. And we are talking thick hair…I don’t even have as much as a receding hairline.

The shave was so smooth and comfortable I just can’t believe it. This was the blade that I was most looking forward to trying but anxious at the same time. This also happened to be the first shave with a Henson of any sort that I didn’t have any nicks or weepers, but I think I have to attribute that mostly to not applying too much pressure.

As much as I love the Perma-Sharp and Astra green blade with the Henson razor I think I have to say that the Feather is the new top dog for me. At least with a lot of hair to mow down. I’ll likely try it again on Sunday to see if it is still as comfortable.

I’ll get back to trying the Winning v2 someday…it just wasn’t going to be today.

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Hardware
RazorRazoRock Game Changer 0.68P
BladeTreet 7 Days Platinum [1]
BrushSemogue Torga C5 Boar

Software
PreStirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherVitos Extra Super Coco (Kilo) [3]
PostThayer’s Lavender
Clubman Special Reserve

Rating
5 / 10

Notes
The Game Changer really struggled this morning cleaning up 2 days’ growth, especially on the back of the head. Results were good but it took more work than expected to get there. I’ll see how it handles the rest of the week. If the trend continues I guess I’ll assign the Game Changer to face duty only.

Week 2 of the Adventures with the Henson AL13 Mild and a New Mystery In Production Blade.

Joining the fun, my beloved T&H 1805 Cream with the Thater Badger Brush.

This is by far the best head shave to date following a WTG, XTG and ATG pattern with a touch of Buffing.

May all my fellow head shavers have such a good experience! 👌🏻

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Hardware
RazorRazoRock Game Changer 0.68P
BladeTreet 7 Days Platinum [2]
BrushSemogue SOC Boar (Cherry)

Software
PreStirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherVitos Extra Super Coco (Kilo) [5]
PostStirling Bergamot Lavender Balm
Canoe

Rating
5 / 10

Notes
Another disappointing head shave with the Game Changer. I’ll try it with a different blade next time but for now I’ll move the Treet 7 Days to a different razor.

Top Bottom