BrushSemogue Torga C5 Boar

Software
PreStirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherCella Bio [12]
PostNivea Sensitive Soothing Post Shave Balm

Rating
7 / 10

Notes
Cella Bio was delightful as always. The 7 Days showed better on its fresh edge in the Henson, but still not as smooth as I’d like. Cut up the mole on my head again, which has happened frequently with the Henson. I think I’ll go back to the EJ DE89 for a spell.

Last Sunday I shaved using my Henson mild razor and the Feather blade that I used a couple days prior. I was able to get a BBS shave but it took longer and wasn’t as comfortable. I guess the Feather blade really is a one use blade after all. Not a big deal as I have a ton of them.

Shaved again tonight using the same Ti22 mild and a fresh Feather blade and got another amazing shave. The Feather paired with this razor is just such a great combination. I do believe this is my holy grail of shaving.

Last Sunday I shaved using my Henson mild razor and the Feather blade that I used a couple days prior. I was able to get a BBS shave but it took longer and wasn’t as comfortable. I guess the Feather blade really is a one use blade after all. Not a big deal as I have a ton of them.

Shaved again tonight using the same Ti22 mild and a fresh Feather blade and got another amazing shave. The Feather paired with this razor is just such a great combination. I do believe this is my holy grail of shaving.
If I had to pick one blade it would be Feather. I often refer to using them in my Henson Mild as delivering a sublime shave. I do like some other blades very much but for me, Feather are in a league of their own. They are an awesome one and done blade.

Still scratching my head with this one and done mentality. I only do that with Carbon blades like the Treet Dura Sharp, Falcon & Black Beauty.

But it’s your choice, so I guess I have to accept it.
One and done isn’t for everyone. I didn’t start that way. Over time, I discovered that I like the first shave the best so it works for me.
Another observation is that my worst cuts happened on subsequent shaves.

Friday, March 29, 2024

Hardware
RazorEdwin Jagger DE89
BladeTreet 7 Days Platinum [6]
BrushSemogue Pegasus Boar

Software
LatherRazoRock Green Label [2]
PostThayer’s Lavender
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash

Rating
7 / 10

Notes
Received the Pegasus yesterday — it’s beautiful. Starting the break in process tonight, excited to see as it comes into shape over the next few weeks.

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Hardware
RazorHenson AL13+
BladeTreet 7 Days Platinum [5]
BrushSemogue Torga C5 Boar

Software
LatherCella Bio [12]
PostNivea Sensitive Soothing Post Shave Balm

Rating
7 / 10

Notes
Cella Bio was delightful as always. The 7 Days showed better on its fresh edge in the Henson, but still not as smooth as I’d like. Cut up the mole on my head again, which has happened frequently with the Henson. I think I’ll go back to the EJ DE89 for a spell.

Hope your mole heals up soon

I have a couple of oddly shaped moles on the back of my noggin & neck that I can't see. I had to "re-map" my head shaves according to them, regardless of the razor in use. If I go against the grain of the mole I slice & dice them , if I go with the flow of the mole everything is ok. :out:

Head shave 91/366

I know I said that if I had to pick one blade it would be Feather. Honestly Wizamet SI are in the discussion. Not as sharp as Feather (close though) but they're on is what I refer to as next level smoothness.

Friday March 30, 2024
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Brush: Semogue SOC Cherry
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: Wizamet SI. (1)

IMG_6669 (1).jpg

Another shave today with my Henson mild. Blade used was a Gillette Silver Blue…finally got around to trying it out. I can see why it’s popular here…it was very smooth and sliced through 36 hours of stubble like nothing.

I did have some irritation at the end, but the cause of that was trying a new shave soap. I just had to try out Tabac because it’s so popular here, and I was able to get a lot of lather from it but it’s just not slick enough. I had quite a bit of drag with today’s shave. I guess Tabac just isn’t for me.

Another shave today with my Henson mild. Blade used was a Gillette Silver Blue…finally got around to trying it out. I can see why it’s popular here…it was very smooth and sliced through 36 hours of stubble like nothing.

I did have some irritation at the end, but the cause of that was trying a new shave soap. I just had to try out Tabac because it’s so popular here, and I was able to get a lot of lather from it but it’s just not slick enough. I had quite a bit of drag with today’s shave. I guess Tabac just isn’t for me.
I find the new formula a more thirsty soap than the original formula. My solution to that is adding more water. It helps to improve the slickness. As much as I like Tabac, I’ve used slicker soaps.

Paul

I find the new formula a more thirsty soap than the original formula. My solution to that is adding more water. It helps to improve the slickness. As much as I like Tabac, I’ve used slicker soaps.

Paul

I was actually thinking I might have added too much water. I added a ton of it…definitely more than I usually add to any soap I’ve ever used. But then again I don’t seem to have much luck with soap pucks for some reason.

I was actually thinking I might have added too much water. I added a ton of it…definitely more than I usually add to any soap I’ve ever used. But then again I don’t seem to have much luck with soap pucks for some reason.
A search of this site will yield many variations on how to load hard soaps. What works best for me is that I start loading with a very wet brush. YMMV for sure.
Once April comes around I'm going to start using some of my other soaps/creams. The slickest for me are the croaps by Southern Witchcrafts.

Paul

Top Bottom