What's new

Having a land-line in the USA

No land line in 13 years.

I also don't answer numbers I don't have stored in my contact list. And I do not answer the door.

Due to life situations I will be living with my parents as of next week. They do have a land line, I think it will take me a while to get used to hearing the ringer.

...but I won't be using it, that's for sure.

We got rid of our land line a couple of years ago. I told my wife we can afford 2 smart phones/data plan if we drop the land line. Ok, she wanted the smart phones too so she accepted the fiction. The only time I missed having a land line is for faxing. Doing our last refi remotely involved a lot of faxes and it was sort of a nightmare.

Sure don't miss that land line though.

-jim

We got rid of our land line a couple of years ago. I told my wife we can afford 2 smart phones/data plan if we drop the land line. Ok, she wanted the smart phones too so she accepted the fiction. The only time I missed having a land line is for faxing. Doing our last refi remotely involved a lot of faxes and it was sort of a nightmare.

Sure don't miss that land line though.
-jim

Gearchow, if you find yourself in that situation again RingCentral provides Internet fax services from $7.99 a month; gives you a number you can send and receive faxes on, and you can use it with your gmail account so sending a fax is as easy as writing an email.

:)

I've been struggling with getting rid of my land line too. I have older relatives that can't understand that I have a cell phone and that creates a bit of a problem when they won't call the cell. Of course, having the same number for almost 30 years means that number is in the address books of an awful lot of people that I only hear from once in a while. With those things in mind, I just can't bring myself to cut that cord.

Of course... then I start getting the robo calls and the occasional debt collector that is looking for someone in my ex-wife's family. No calls from anyone else... just those.

Top Bottom