What's new

Have Synthetic over taken Badgers?

I have enjoyed the input from all of you, as I have been considering a high end badger brush lately. I have only used synthetics as of yet, and the EJ is certainly superior to the Omega (in my opinion). I just want all the soaps, splashes, and blades! As a result of this, I have yet to take the plunge and buy a Simpson or something of the like.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Not even a race. What the reality is that all the products are different and none is the "better" choice. It's as silly as asking what is the best food.

A friend of mine compared the synthetic vs badger as a super technology woman sex bot (synthetic) vs a real woman (badger). Not quite exact comparison but this is how he explained that he prefers the badger hair.

I just don't get the love for synthetic brushes at all.
Granted I have not "tried them all", so I'll admit my opinion is based on "limited experience". Those I did try though, I don't get how is this even a contest ?

I get we all like something different but badger all day long for me, not even close.

A friend of mine compared the synthetic vs badger as a super technology woman sex bot (synthetic) vs a real woman (badger). Not quite exact comparison but this is how he explained that he prefers the badger hair.

I don't knock things I haven't tried... LOL

Not that I don't believe and agree with your friend... in case of brushes at least. :D :D

proxy.php

Still don't understand the comparison of a bot vs real woman, synthetic vs badger, my friend did, but I think that he probably wanted to say that with a synthetic you get the lather you want you get the job done,but you don't enjoying it much and with badger is more real feel and natural the whole process.

I'm still with the badger guys and I've tried a bunch of new synths in the past year. I have now given up trying to find one I like. I will say they work fine at creating lather and I can understand why some guys and girls would like them. They are incredibly soft, but too soft for my tastes. For me I could use one if I had to, but they just don't feel right. Having said that, I will always recommend them as a travel brush due to how quickly they dry.

I'm still with the badger guys and I've tried a bunch of new synths in the past year. I have now given up trying to find one I like. I will say they work fine at creating lather and I can understand why some guys and girls would like them. They are incredibly soft, but too soft for my tastes. For me I could use one if I had to, but they just don't feel right. Having said that, I will always recommend them as a travel brush due to how quickly they dry.

I prefer a brush with extra soft tips and great powerful backbone and great splay also. This awkward combination I found it to my Yaqi synthetic 30mm. But most of wet shavers prefer badger hair

Never understood the need for one type of anything has to be better, superior, more popular or whatever.
I have lots of all 3, boars, synths, badgers. All of them work. Yah - synths can be like a junky makeup brush because that's the world where some of the knots originate from. I have some 30mm synths that are very good, although they do feel a little soul-less. Boar can be floppy pointless mushy nonsense or your best friend on a hard puck. Badgers are the same - I am really digging my 30mm two bands right now. I have a 40 silver tip that's fire also.
Depending on my mood, I might choose one over another; not because one type is inherently better or there's a 'flavor of the month' movement going on. There is room for all of them on my shelf.

Never understood the need for one type of anything has to be better, superior, more popular or whatever.
I have lots of all 3, boars, synths, badgers. All of them work. Yah - synths can be like a junky makeup brush because that's the world where some of the knots originate from. I have some 30mm synths that are very good, although they do feel a little soul-less. Boar can be floppy pointless mushy nonsense or your best friend on a hard puck. Badgers are the same - I am really digging my 30mm two bands right now. I have a 40 silver tip that's fire also.
Depending on my mood, I might choose one over another; not because one type is inherently better or there's a 'flavor of the month' movement going on. There is room for all of them on my shelf.
I started out with badgers from medium priced brushes to expensive custom brushes with Silvertip knots. I only own a few synthetics now. I don't have a need for more brushes and, to be honest, the difference between the badgers and the synthetic is minimal for me. Face lathering gives me instant irritation regardless of what brush I use. My skin just does not like being scrubbed with a shaving brush. I prefer the synthetics because I don't need to soak them and they dry nice and fast. As always, opinions and mileages vary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just don't get the love for synthetic brushes at all.
Granted I have not "tried them all", so I'll admit my opinion is based on "limited experience". Those I did try though, I don't get how is this even a contest ?

I get we all like something different but badger all day long for me, not even close.

Although I’m a badger guy, I do understand why people perfer synthetics... it whips up lather with ease, releases lather like a champ and they don’t lather hog like badgers. Personally, I think for lather building and applying their better than badgers at this point but they lack a luxurious feel and look that the badger brings.

Top Bottom