What's new

Hats

The Stetsonian in Tawny (Teardrop Pinch) ...

$Stetsonian.jpg

I would have called it an ushanka.

I started to add AKA The Mad Bomber , but I researched it . I've never heard it called that , is that the Mongolian name ? If you look at the picture on the site (on the winter hats thread), it's a Mongolian , they came up with them and have been wearing them for centuries , Mad Bomber , Trapper , whatever we call them .

Last edited:
what's a good casual hat for the summer to keep the sun out during walks? Must not fly off when the wind blows. Right now I wear a baseball hat, but it offers no ear or neck protection.

what's a good casual hat for the summer to keep the sun out during walks? Must not fly off when the wind blows. Right now I wear a baseball hat, but it offers no ear or neck protection.

For casual summer wear I like straw fedoras. Short brimmed for moderate protection and wide brimmed for fishing. There are quite a few canvas ones that work nice also. Get one that is vented and it will work well when it's very hot.
Magellan comes to mind.

Hi,

I wear a coarse Panama wide brim around the farm most of the year. And, a fine Panama when away from the farm.

Stan

I recent got a Tilley Hemp Hat. It has a couple of tuck away strings you can use to keep the hat on if it's really windy. The hemp seems to breath pretty well, and it's rated as high as it goes for SPF. The hat is also guaranteed, and will be replaced if lost/stolen. And it floats. I used to be a ball cap guy. Now this is my go to for warmer weather.

I recent got a Tilley Hemp Hat. It has a couple of tuck away strings you can use to keep the hat on if it's really windy. The hemp seems to breath pretty well, and it's rated as high as it goes for SPF. The hat is also guaranteed, and will be replaced if lost/stolen. And it floats. I used to be a ball cap guy. Now this is my go to for warmer weather.

My LTM6 and LTM3 hats are great for summer.

Johnny Depp would look better in some hats if he was hit with rocks first. <-- Fixed

Johnny took to the Fedora too young in the face. That hats needs some weather than he is just now starting to show.

Haha ! He is a little (a lot) weird ... , but wears some sweet hats at times . He's from KY , he had at least one hat custom made at a Hatter close to me . That came to mind . I know the guy's good , and must have great prices , I noticed guys having them made there from CO , and other places that are closer to other custom Hatters . I'm fighting the urge to see what 100% beaver would cost from him . But ... I may break . Other guys out west I've seen give their prices , it must be much better .

Last edited: