Bill8067
Vlad
DanParker77
Tvldatsi
PazzSka
ItsMrBrooks
Levertime
and maybe Wendy

...So, we're like half way there. I'm not sure what else I can do to increase interest, but I'm open to any ideas. I'd hate to see this die, but if we can't get enough interest shortly I think we may have to drop it.

I'm new here but I'd like to join in.
Do you think you'll get more notice if you post this in the general discussion board?

I'm new here but I'd like to join in.
Do you think you'll get more notice if you post this in the general discussion board?

Hindsight is 20/20...:001_rolle

There is the tonic poll in the General Discussion board which links to this thread.

LMF,

Not looking so good :thumbdown. I have not tried any of the tonics on the list. However, I agree with Jim and the A La Carte. I also understand the problems that would entail. Just "spit balling" here but what if you set up a list of tonics (maybe another poll) and open up a week of "ordering". Charge a flat shipping rate, such as $$ for xx samples $$$ for xxx samples, then add per sample. (example)So saying 6$ flat shipping for up to 6 samples at 2$ a piece I want 4 samples that would be 14$. After all the initial orders were out you could open up a second round of what was left. Blah blah blah or unload the left overs on the B/S/T? All knowing if we didn't meet the free shipping requirement from WCS all bets would be off (realy doubt we wouldn't make the minimum. ) Just trying to help get this off the ground.

Last edited:
LMF,

Not looking so good :thumbdown. I have not tried any of the tonics on the list. However, I agree with Jim and the A La Carte. I also understand the problems that would entail. Just "spit balling" here but what if you set up a list of tonics (maybe another poll) and open up a week of "ordering". Charge a flat shipping rate, such as $$ for xx samples $$$ for xxx samples, then add per sample. (example)So saying 6$ flat shipping for up to 6 samples at 2$ a piece I want 4 samples that would be 14$. After all the initial orders were out you could open up a second round of what was left. Blah blah blah or unload the left overs on the B/S/T? All knowing if we didn't meet the free shipping requirement from WCS all bets would be off (realy doubt we wouldn't make the minimum. ) Just trying to help get this off the ground.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed by the interest level.:a35:
Just to keep everybody in the loop, I have been thinking about doing an A la Cart and what the easiest way to do that might be. I just want to be on the record as saying that I don't like the idea. It's a pain for everyone involved, it doesn't force people to step out of their box and try something they might not otherwise have tried (which is often how people really find what they like), and it might undermine the goal I had of beating Pinaud's sample prices. If the choice is between that and nothing, though, I guess I have to consider it. If you'd be so kind as to give me a day or so I'll see what I can figure out.

Hindsight is 20/20...:001_rolle

There is the tonic poll in the General Discussion board which links to this thread.
I realize now that my suggestion may have sounded snarky or sarcastic. It was honestly meant as a helpful idea to give the thread more exposure.
In either case... please put my name on the list and let me know if it happens.

I realize now that my suggestion may have sounded snarky or sarcastic. It was honestly meant as a helpful idea to give the thread more exposure.
In either case... please put my name on the list and let me know if it happens.

No worries, it wasn't taken that way. :thumbup1:

i have been interested in hair tonics, as i really don't know if they would or wouldn't work for me.. before i sign up, can you tell me how many applications 1 oz is good for..

i have been interested in hair tonics, as i really don't know if they would or wouldn't work for me.. before i sign up, can you tell me how many applications 1 oz is good for..

Should be good for several uses. I tested Jeris in a .5 oz bottle and got 3 decent uses. Your mileage will depend on how much hair you have and what you want from from the experience. I imagine that diffeent lotions will also equire different doses as well. Hope that helps.

can someone take a before and after picture using a less greasy tonic... not too much info out there, except vitalis and muppets. thanks

I'll toss my hat in, I'd be interested!

EDIT: Ach!! Nevermind.... next time I'll read everything through....

Last edited:
can someone take a before and after picture using a less greasy tonic... not too much info out there, except vitalis and muppets. thanks

Honestly I don't think a photo will easily capture the essence of it. The best I can explain it is that it makes my hair look healthier. It adds a little shine, but not a greasy shine, more like a healthy glow, and my hair doesn't feel or look as frizzy. I think the smell might be the best part though. :001_wub:
Hope that helps.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Yeah, I'm really disappointed by the interest level.:a35:
Just to keep everybody in the loop, I have been thinking about doing an A la Cart and what the easiest way to do that might be. I just want to be on the record as saying that I don't like the idea. It's a pain for everyone involved, it doesn't force people to step out of their box and try something they might not otherwise have tried (which is often how people really find what they like), and it might undermine the goal I had of beating Pinaud's sample prices. If the choice is between that and nothing, though, I guess I have to consider it. If you'd be so kind as to give me a day or so I'll see what I can figure out.

One thought ... perhaps if there is not enough interest to split up the bottles as per your original plan, perhaps doubling the size of the samples (ie larger bottles) and cutting the number of participants in half might work? It would increase the individual cost, of course, but the fewer participants would each get twice as much tonic.

(And yes, IMHO the 'a la Carte idea seems like waaay too much of a PITA if you do not want to be running an ongoing sample-selling-shop ... which is another whole PITA in and of itself.)

Top Bottom