What's new

Got my two new synthetic Yaqi brushes today

Which one looks better?

• The black one

• The red one

Results are only viewable after voting.
The black one would be my choice, but the tuxedo knot would have been better in it in my view.
Agreed. It almost looks like a mistake was made during assembly. Lol

On another note, what's the procedure to order just one of these brushes?
When I go to Alibaba, there's a minimum quantity listed; usually within the 100's.

I just received this one, very, very nice brush. Smaller handle but not too small.Looks nicer in person.
proxy.php

I've ordered this guy about ten days ago.
First order discount, S. Valentine special discount and another bonus for something I can't remember: less than 12 €, including faster shipping and PayPal protection.

Let's hope e-packet isn't too slow.

Attachments

• 24-MM-Smoking-Bianco-e-Nero-Punta-Capelli-Sintetici-di-Colore-Marmo-Manico-In-Resina-Barbiere.jpg
    24-MM-Smoking-Bianco-e-Nero-Punta-Capelli-Sintetici-di-Colore-Marmo-Manico-In-Resina-Barbiere.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 33
Hello, hello,

Can you recommend some of the Yaqi brushes but for head shaving? What to look for, size, know ...?
And I don't use a bowl, I make it directly on my face/head. I`m using Omega boar brush 80080 and I don't have experience with synthetic brushes.

Hello, hello,

Can you recommend some of the Yaqi brushes but for head shaving? What to look for, size, know ...?
And I don't use a bowl, I make it directly on my face/head. I`m using Omega boar brush 80080 and I don't have experience with synthetic brushes.

I haven’t used a Yaqi and not completely familiar with them. However, after looking at the price and factoring in shipping, would you consider buying something different? That’s what I decided after comparing prices.

I am also a head/face shaver and I lather directly on my head/face. I recently bought the Stirling 26mm synthetic (Kong) and absolutely love it. Besides the fact that stirling’s products and customer service are just outstanding, the price of the brush is $14.99 plus shipping.

Anyways, I find the 26mm knot great for head shaving, I also use it for my face. Some Might say it’s a bit big for face lathering but what the heck...i still like the bigger knot.

Thanks @SAMB08 for your recommendation, they seem like really good brushes but shipping it to Europe is what makes the prices skyrocket. I don't want to pay more for shipping than for the brush and paying few bucks for shipping Yagi is fine for me. I will take your proposal of 26mm into consideration. Thanks again.

Thanks @SAMB08 for your recommendation, they seem like really good brushes but shipping it to Europe is what makes the prices skyrocket. I don't want to pay more for shipping than for the brush and paying few bucks for shipping Yagi is fine for me. I will take your proposal of 26mm into consideration. Thanks again.
For head lathering, my favorite are the Plisson type knots (those are the lighter colored synthetic knots with brown stripes). They are super soft and create fantastic lather. The black tuxedo knots are also super soft but I don't like the way they hold water (they cause your lather to splash everywhere). A medium sized handle with a slightly larger knot would be ideal if you ask me (I'm a head shaver). Here is my favorite Yaqi brush for head shaving:
Online Shop 26mm Knot Nylon Shaving Brush | Aliexpress Mobile

Here's another good option:
Online Shop 24mm Men's Shaving Brush with Resin Handle Synthetic Hair Good Tuxedo Knot | Aliexpress Mobile

And another:
Online Shop 24MM Yaqi Sagrada Familia Black/White Synthetic Fibre Men Shave Brushes | Aliexpress Mobile

All very affordable. All great brushes. You really can't go wrong.

Ordered another two more which are:-

Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo Synth. 24/58mm knot
proxy.php
proxy.php

Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo Synth. 26/60mm knot
proxy.php
proxy.php

Wow - beautiful brush! I just ordered the 24mm thanks to your post! :)
Have you received these yet? Which size knot do you like better? I seem to prefer 24mm knots, so that's what I went with. Awesome color combos and my first tuxedo knot.
Thanks!

Just got these pair of Yaqi Brushes from WCS a few days ago. A 28mm and a 30mm Tuxedo versions. Most of my shaves have been mostly with synthetics nowadays. I swear by my 2 from RazoRock, the Beehive and the F-400 XXL & the 2 from Maggard, a 26mm Granite and a 30mm Tuxedo version. These 4 are amazingly good. They cover the range from softness, some backbone and just lather making apes.
These from Yaqi are quite impressive. Too early to say that they will be equal or better than the aforementioned other 4, but these two can bring it. And for the $$$, you’d be a fool not too....

A3673ACF-F047-4EDA-9922-8DF92C1D7286.jpeg

I've ordered this guy about ten days ago.
First order discount, S. Valentine special discount and another bonus for something I can't remember: less than 12 €, including faster shipping and PayPal protection.

Let's hope e-packet isn't too slow.

Update: 71 days after my order, this beauty knocked on my door.

Attachments

• Yaqi Tuxedo 1.jpg
    Yaqi Tuxedo 1.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 24
So I just acquired the Evil Zebra 26mm brush:
E9FC3E16-91EC-4214-A168-5EE562B78B67.jpeg

Same fibres as the rest I guess but dyed differently again like a Reverse Tuxedo or actually a Zebra!
What would you call this knot?

Anyway it’s a bit less springy than my 26mm Tuxedo probably due to a slightly longer loft and yes you’ve guessed it already - it’s a fantastic performer!

Top Bottom