What's new

Got my two new synthetic Yaqi brushes today

Which one looks better?

• The black one

• The red one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Few weeks ago I ordered two brushes on AliExpress from the Yaqi store and today they finally arrived.

The black one feels like Simpson's Captain.
They both have a nice weight and backbone.

Made a test lather with both of them and put it on my face. I'm impressed with these two cheap brushes.
I might even order a badger from Yaqi...

proxy.php

Nice! Have you any experience with the APShaveCo or WD 'tuxedo' style knots? If so I'd be curious to hear your thoughts in terms of comparisons.

Great prices on these and I do like the look of a number of their handles after glancing through the AE site.
Do the handles have any logos on them?

@1Cal the 24mm/60mm Tuxedo knot looks like a sweet spot does this splay very nicely and not too floppy and the backbone strength is too strong ??

I prefer red. And I've been shaving with my 19mm synthetic/amber handle Yaqui for about a week now.
They really do make nice brushes, don't they?

@1Cal the 24mm/60mm Tuxedo knot looks like a sweet spot does this splay very nicely and not too floppy and the backbone strength is too strong ??
I don't have the brush SpeedyPC. :crying:

But the OP did say this about both of them:
They both have a nice weight and backbone.

I made a test lather with both of them and put it on my face. I'm impressed with these two cheap brushes.
Hopefully he'll drop by and give you a more specific answer. :001_unsur

The backbone is just right, if you ask me. (oh wait, you did ask me, didn't you?) ;)
It's not floppy at all. This one and the other Yaqi that I bought are truly amazing.

You can't go wrong with this €8,10 brush.

I used it today

proxy.php

... I ordered two brushes on AliExpress from the Yaqi store ...
I'm subscribed to this thread simply out of interest in brush stuff.

Personally I favor small brushes with great backbone, like my Omega 40033 here:
upload_2017-9-15_16-53-32.png

But after all this talk, and that lovely red handle... I'VE JUST ORDERED!
proxy.php

:001_unsur Thank you Iwan.
upload_2017-9-15_16-58-19.png

Top Bottom