What's new

Good Synthetic Brush for Leg Lathering?

I used to use a VanDerHagen boar brush, but that sucked. I have a RazoRock Disruptor which works pretty well, but it is kind of small. Any suggestions?

I do not shave my legs but I would think you would want to get a brush 26mm or larger. The razorock big Bruce, beehive or monster all fit the bill. I have the big Bruce and it is a great brush.
Smurf

Have you considered not using a brush at all?
I sometimes lather up with my hand, particularly when I'm in a hurry.
I have noticed an improvement in slickness when I do.
Granted, it doesn't have the skin feel & satisfaction of building a nice thick creamy lather, but there is really no difference as far as performance goes.

If you must use a brush, consider getting one of the big professional Omega boars like the 10098, 10048 or 10049. Other leg shavers on this forum have been satisfied with these. All these brushes have lofts in excess of 65mm & knots of 27mm or more. The 10048 is the largest with a loft of 70mm & a knot of 28mm, but the 10098 has a handle that is long & easy for leg shavers to hold.
Professional Archivi - Omega Brush
The 10049 is also available in synthetic fibre.
S10049 Omega S-Brush fiber shaving brush - Omega Brush

You could also consider other large synthetics, with knots of 26mm or more.

Shaving Brushes | West Coast Shaving

Last edited:
I do not shave my legs but I would think you would want to get a brush 26mm or larger. The razorock big Bruce, beehive or monster all fit the bill. I have the big Bruce and it is a great brush.
Smurf
+1 for the Big Bruce

For leg shaving I would also consider a pure badger. Gave my other half a synthetic but she keeps steeling a badger brush from me. The legs are a much larger surface area than the face and consequently the lather retention of the badger makes it a whole lot easier to cover them with a nice lather.

Why pure badger (lowest grade) rather than a finer grade like best or super? The additional backbone seems to help as you are working the brush up and down the greater distance.

My wife uses this one from Maggard Razors

IMG_8990.jpg

+1 for Razorock synth,

You can also try the 30mm Yaqi Barberpole synthetic

30+ mm Knot
63+ mm Loft

yaqi.jpg

Another vote for RR synth (I have the Big Bruce as well). I imagine the bigger brush would make it easier to lather and cover surface area more quickly.

I bought my wife a Razorock Hulk, it's a huge brush, she loves it and hasn't used any of her other Razorock's, Maggard's or Wolfwhiskers brushes since I got it for her

haven't tried shaving the legs yet--but never say never. My favorite synthetic brush is the Razorock Monster. Just enough backbone to dig into the soap and soft tips to caress the face.

Hi,

I would recommend a RR Plissoft knot. Enough firmness to tackle any soap or cream, yet soft and supple on the skin. My 22mm knot is probably a bit too small for legs, so maybe a Big Bruce or Monster would hold enough lather to handle the task.

Good Luck in choosing!

I'm not a leg shaver, but I would expect the bigger the brush the better. Legs have significantly more realestate than a face. Go big! You'll need it to load more soap and cover more area. The Razorock hulk or 30mm Yaqi Barberpole synthetic sound good. There are many options to choose from.

Any of the 30mm brushes with Tuxedo or Cashmere knots will do. I use them for shaves of my head and face and they generate enough lather for 5 or more passes.

Also, Italian Barber carries the RazoRock F-400 synth which is a 34mm knot. I'm sure that beast would produce enough lather for leg shaving.

marty

Top Bottom