What's new

Good Shampoo?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've been using Mitchell's Wool Fat for bathing and shampooing, and it's terrific (both the shaving soap and the bath soap). I've had itchy scalp in the past, and that has gone away. Great stuff.

I use rosemary and mint shampoos. My hair grows fast, strong, and very healthy. I wear my hair long so it matters to me.

I have thick long hair (3 to 6 inches) that I part with product. I have always used head and shoulders, it works great but.....I'm learning that artisan stuff (shave soap, bath soap) works better. What brands do you use, I love rosemary and mint.

I'm generally indifferent to shampoo. I have thick hair, and anything seems to work. Prell, Breck, Suave, etc. I've been using Duke Cannon because I like their marketing. But today I acquired a bottle of Duffy's Brew, which is made out of beer from one of my favorite local breweries, Elysian. I'm excited to try it!

I'm generally indifferent to shampoo. I have thick hair, and anything seems to work. Prell, Breck, Suave, etc. I've been using Duke Cannon because I like their marketing. But today I acquired a bottle of Duffy's Brew, which is made out of beer from one of my favorite local breweries, Elysian. I'm excited to try it!
Let us know how it is! It looks like pretty good stuff - both the Duke Cannon and Duffy's (especially since I love me some beer).

My wife and I just subscribed to the Queen Charlotte soap of the month with shampoo bar option. For $75 we get two body bars and 1 shampoo bar each month for 6 months. Shampoo bars are great for your scalp as they don't tend to strip moisture and proteins from your hair like most commercially available shampoos. I'm rather surprised Stirling hasn't delved into the shampoo bar market yet.

I recently ran out of shampoo and decided to give Queen Charlotte (my daughter's name) Soaps shampoo bars a try. Just placed an order for their 4 for $25 deal. This will be my first experience with non-liquid shampoo... Hopefully I'll like it! Being a daily pomade user, can I expect these shampoo bars to adequately clean my scalp? I use Marco's method for pomade removal every 4-5 days anyways, but didn't know if I should expect to do so more or less often with bars.

Top Bottom