What's new

Golf 2011

Mizuno MX-300 irons, driver and hybrid.
Taylor 'Rossa' putter.

proxy.php

Played yesterday for the first time this year (9 holes). Shot a 49. I'll take it though for no warm up (we just parked and walked right onto the tee box) and the greens being aerated/sanded the day before. It was like putting on gravel and I couldn't even get a wedge to stick. I guess thats what I get for going to the $7 muni I knew wouldn't be busy.

Shot an 85 for my first round of the year. I actually chipped in for a birdie 3 on the first hole. I have never started off with a birdie before. This is either a sign of a great year or the best has already happened.

Shot an 85 for my first round of the year. I actually chipped in for a birdie 3 on the first hole. I have never started off with a birdie before. This is either a sign of a great year or the best has already happened.

Guess you have to keep playing to find out! :thumbup:

You should have quit after the first hole and told everyone you shot -1 par today.

Edit: Not that I condone that type of behavior, of course :glare::lol:

Nike Sumo SQ 10.5 Driver, 3 wood, 4 and 5 hybrids.
Ping G2 irons
Cleveland CG14 wedges
Taylor Made Spider putter

My favorite courses; Mill Creek Park, Knoll Run

I think everything I own is outlet or pre-owned from golfsmith.com . I'm a total hack golfer and I don't think having the best technology and materials will help my crappy game. But I enjoy it!

Driver - Titleist 983K
Fairway - Mizuno F40 #4
Irons - TaylorMade Idea 4i, 5 - PW (bought as set)
Cleveland 588 wedge
Putter - Odyssey Crimson
Bag - Wilson
Balls - I always carry two :thumbup: actually, whatever is on sale..
Glove - whatever is on sale, currently a Mizuno IIRC

Favorite courses - whatever is cheap quite frankly.

My dad told me to learn golf since in life, many deals are done on the golf course. Even if you aren't very good, learn the game, and learn enough of the rules so you don't make an arse out of yourself.

Nice 'Shaun...shot an 85 on Southern Dunes in Maricopa, AZ on Saturday...the ballstriking is really coming around....which of course means I'm spraying my driver. (Can't ever seem to get those two working together!).

Last time I went out was fairly frustrating. My drives have been solid lately but, like T.J. alluded to, my ball striking was severely lacking. I hit several very nice solid long irons (and one hybrid) into some par 5's for a good look at eagle, but then when I was <120 yards on some par 4's it seemed like I couldn't hit the green. Oh well, just means I need to play another round to get better.

I'm with you Brad...it's exceedingly frustrating. When I'm driving the ball well, I can't seem to put a solid iron strike on it to save my life, and that's from the middle of the fairway! Now, I'm spraying the ball and hitting from God only knows what kind of lie and I'm just puring the shots, but I'm out of position.

One of these days, it has just got to fall together.

Anyone headed out this weekend? I'm playing tomorrow a.m. The way it's been going lately I've either had the driver working OR the short game...not both on a single round. Hoping that turns around. Ball striking is really coming around now and I'm picking spots on the greens to shoot at, which is nice.

What say you gents?

cleveland driver
taylor made metal wood 3
ping eye irons
foot joy shoes
i golfed crystal mt. MI. on memorial weekend this year (horribly i might add) gorgeous links!!!!
you finish a hole, and you have to drive 2? 3? hundred yards thu the woods to the next tee. it was like you were all alone in the middle of nowhere!

Ugh! So frustrating! You shoot well one day and totally flop the next. All my shots seem to be fading 15 yards to the right. The distance is perfect just off to the right. Not sure what I am doing. I'm in southern NH so I play at Brattleboro, VT CC, Hopper CC in Walpole, NH or Northfield CC in Bernardston, MA.

Callaway Diablo Driver
Taylor Made Hybrid 19*
Taylor Made Hybrid 25*
Bobby Jones Hybrid 30*
Callaway X22 Irons
Cleveland CG15 Lob
Titliest Scotty Cameron Detour Putter
Nike Golf Shoes

Hi Wim,

What's the season like in the Netherlands? How many months are you able to play? And does the geography restrict the ability to construct golf courses?

Many water hazards, I presume? :lol:

Hello,

Golf is not one of traditional sports here
And then there is the GVB, the 'golf passport' that you have to have :(

Yet, we play almost year round.
Courses close from November till January sometimes.
Some have wintergreens, that's nice also.

A list of golf courses is here:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_van_golfbanen_in_Nederland

In the Flevopolder there's Dorhout Mees.
proxy.php

That one is flat :)

Nearby Amsterdam, there's the Hoge Dijk.
proxy.php

and Waterland:
proxy.php

Those have quite a bit of water indeed.

I haven't been out this year, but can't wait to get a round in. I adjust my setup of sticks depending on the track I'm playing, but the arsenal includes:

Woods:
10' Great Big Bertha "War Bird"
9' Great Big Bertha
8' Great Big Bertha
3+ Great Big Bertha
3 Taylor Made Burner
18' Orlimar Trimetal
5 Big Bertha War Bird
7 Big Bertha Heaven Wood

Irons:
1 Iron Ray Cook
2 Iron Titleist Acushnet
3 Iron-PW Mizuno Pro Zoid

Wedges:
Ben Hogan Equalizer
45' Cleavland Special
51' Ben Hogan Special K Grind
53' Cleavland Tour action
55' Titleist Vokey Design
56' Cleavland

Putters:
Titleist "Dead Center"
Ping "Isotope"
Scotty Cameron "American Classic" Milled Bullseye

Ball:
Pro V1 (I got enough of them to last me a lifetime, used to work at a CC. Also have enough of of Callaways, ect.. for a lifetime to hand out when the other 3 of the foursome hit me up for balls.)

Shoes:
Ecco
Callaway
Old school pair of leathers with metal spikes.

Regards
Louis.

Last edited:
I broke down and purchased some "Game Improvement" Irons. Some Adams A7. These are so much easier to hit that I feel like i'm cheating. Not as much feedback though.

Top Bottom