What's new

Godrej Shaving Cream

I have not seen this ad, but seen others on E-bay that display items the same way shipping from India too. The seller shows three tubes, but states in the ad the price is for only one. Kind of a bait and switch if you ask me, but it is stated in the written portion of the ad making it hard to contest.

Switching gears back to Godrej, has anyone heard of or tried the Godrej Protect Plus? Generally you only hear about the Lime, Menthol, and Deluxe Lather/Rich Foam, but they sell a 4th in an orange tube. I was wondering if there was anywhere that sells them? Maybe Joe has heard of it, being a vendor and all...?

You can see it here

I have never seen this product nor is it available from their USA distributor. They have a product line called Protect Plus which has other items such as hand sanitizers, shampoos etc. In the developing world these type of products are used, this is where Dettol soap comes in. Dettol is a powerful liquid sanitizer/antiseptic that smells like Lysol. Tattooist seek it here and I sanitize razors with it. The have a liquid soap, bar soap, body wash etc. It offers a strong, anti germ, antiseptic protection needed where the water system may not be clean. Dettol also has their own shave cream which claims to offer protection from germs too. I suspect this Godrej product was, or is something to compete with the Dettol line. Other Protect Plus items are on the Gdorej factory site, however I see no shave cream.

Dettol in liquid form is said to be dangerous and a cancer agent and should only be used for razors etc in my opinion. Not all their products have this cancer agent which is Pine Tar and I use the shave cream which is good and as far as I know safe.

Last week I visited an Asian supermarket in Phoenix, AZ and in the Indian aisle I found some Godrej shaving cream. They were priced at $1.49 so I bought 6 boxes/tubes (70g each), 2 of each scent.
I bought the Rich Foam, Lime Fresh, and Menthol Mist. I tried all of them for the past week and for me, I like the Menthol Mist the best. 2nd for me is the Lime Fresh. I do not really like the Rich Foam, I think it's the fragrance, but they all make a very nice lather plus they are low priced. I also like that there is lanolin in the cream.
I noticed from the reviews that there is one called Deluxe Lather, but I didn't see that type at the store.
Does Deluxe Lather smell better than the Rich Foam or are they pretty much the same?
Also I noticed that there is a packaged date with a 25 month expiration.

Is Godrej available at online stores?

I had a week of Godrej shaving last week, rotating between Lime, Menthol and Rich :thumbup1:.

All 3 of my tubes were expired (Dec 2009) but all 3 performed just like new tubes I've purchased previously. All 3 gave me excellent, close, irritation free shaves. I loved the smell of the Lime, the tingle of the Menthol and thought the Rich Foam performed very well but didn't impress in the scent department.

I had a week of Godrej shaving last week, rotating between Lime, Menthol and Rich :thumbup1:.

All 3 of my tubes were expired (Dec 2009) but all 3 performed just like new tubes I've purchased previously. All 3 gave me excellent, close, irritation free shaves. I loved the smell of the Lime, the tingle of the Menthol and thought the Rich Foam performed very well but didn't impress in the scent department.

Are you sure they are expired? I believe my tubes are labeled with a production date and a expiration of so many months later, as labeled on the tube.

Are you sure they are expired? I believe my tubes are labeled with a production date and a expiration of so many months later, as labeled on the tube.

Yep, they are all 3 marked with a production date (don't remember what date off the top of my head but sometime in 2007 I believe) and the expiration date was clearly 12/2009. All 3 gave me great shaves and my skin felt great and moisturized afterwards. :thumbup:

I went back to the store in Phoenix and bought a couple more today. I only saw the Menthol Mist, but at least they have Godrej back in stock. :biggrin1: I really like Godrej now, I use a boar brush and it works fine.

My workmate picked up a tube of Lime Fresh for me at the local Indian market over in Bellevue WA. I am curious to try it out tomorrow.

The lime scent seems a bit on the sweet side, but not too bad. Ingredients are few....PEG-30, Lanolin, and Glycerin.

My workmate picked up a tube of Lime Fresh for me at the local Indian market over in Bellevue WA. I am curious to try it out tomorrow.

The lime scent seems a bit on the sweet side, but not too bad. Ingredients are few....PEG-30, Lanolin, and Glycerin.

The lime is very nice. I'm waiting til summer to get that nice combo of citrus and sunshine, though. Also, there are actually quite a few more ingredients. Notice on the back that it qualifies the ones you mentioned as "key ingredients" I have a tube that lists:
Aqua/water, stearic acid, glycerol, potassium hydroxide, lauric acid, myristic acid, perfume, sodium hydroxide, borax, cera alba (bees wax) sodium silicate, ethoxylated lanolin, methyl propyl paraben, CI-47000.
Honestly I'm a little sad that I bothered to look that up, because now I have to wonder what all this stuff is that I've been putting on my face!

Now that list of ingredients seems more true to reality. My tube and box only lists those "key" ingredients.

Wow, if you haven't tried Godrej yet, do so! I was amazed by how slick it is and how easy it lathers. I end up with shave that are about the closest I've ever had. Good stuff :thumbup1:

I love the menthol mist. By far the coldest menthol cream i have used. Its starting to get really warm here in ca so i broke it out from its winter slumber. Performs as good as any of the 3 T's. I will always have a godrej product in my bathroom.

I am also a huge fan of Godrej...I've only tried samples of the Lime and Delux but I do want some eventually...too much junk right now though oO

Top Bottom