What's new

Gillette Super Blue in Dispenser 15 blades

During some yard sale shopping today, I came across 9 unopened boxes of these blades (I believe 60s vintage) with a couple still in cellophane, and one opened dispenser missing one blade.

As a guy that cut his teeth on these as a teen in the 60s, I bought them thinking I’d enjoy using some real Made in America blades from my early shaving years, but my wife says there are collectors that’d like to buy them. She’s right in some respects as they’re listed on FleaBay for quite a good price, but I’m still wavering on using them myself rather than selling them.

Are ther modern blades to compare? I’ve used a double edged razor since 1966, still use my old mug and brush with a modern clamshell, but I’ve been really disappointed by the quality of most modern blades.

So, I put it to the group. Sell, use, or give ‘em to my barber for his collection?

Thanks in advance,
John W
IMG_3703.jpeg

I have a few hundred that I have bought over the years, various packaging. I would at least keep one to try and set the other 8 aside to possibly sell. It would be really useful to photograph the blades that you open, it will help sell the others. I have about 40 unusable ones from a seller that I believe is still trying to sell more of the same! You have to be careful what the storage condition was as even with the coating, they do oxidise(or worse).

Top Bottom