What's new

New to buying old blades, did I do well for $40?

There were 100 blue blades for sale at my local thrift store, all in these 10 pack dispensers still in sealed plastic. I'm just planning on using them myself unless you guys tell me to sell them.

Attachments

• IMG_5423.jpg
    IMG_5423.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 35

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The carbon steel blades can be pretty rough even when sealed.
I'd probably use them in cased razor sets as display, shaving with something stainless and more modern.
But it depends on their storage. Have you opened one and seen the dispenser? Date code?

The carbon steel blades can be pretty rough even when sealed.
I'd probably use them in cased razor sets as display, shaving with something stainless and more modern.
But it depends on their storage. Have you opened one and seen the dispenser? Date code?
They seem to be in pretty decent shape, although I don't know much about razor blades. I don't see any rust, if that's what you're concerned about. Here are a few pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_5427.jpg
    IMG_5427.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5428.jpg
    IMG_5428.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5429.jpg
    IMG_5429.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
If they make you happy, you did well.

I don't think you'll be retiring on any eBay profits if that's your plan.

I'd rather have 300-400 GSB, Astra or Gillette 7 o'clock yellows, but maybe that's just me.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be throwing away any meaningful amount of potential cash by using them up. As for my preference, I actually have not used one before, but I imagine they beat the blades I get at CVS, which are somehow just as expensive as these were.

Top Bottom