What's new

Gillette Nacet blades, are they really that good?

I'm on shave 14 and it is still going good. I am amazed by this blade. Thanks to a fellow member that introduced me to the blade and it has one of the best logos in the shaving business.

Nacet is a very nice blade. One step above the Nacet - similar but better- is the Gillette Rubie.

If you like the Nacet, you will love the Rubie.

Really? OK That is my next blade to try. Thanks. If you like the blade I think I will like it too.

Obviously too soon to tell, because tonight was my first shave with one, but just had one of those "perfect" shaves with a Nacet in a New SC. Very pleased.

Ive not tried a Nacet but ive used a lot of Gillette blades and find, for me, the Russian made are what I like best. Gillette Silver Blue being my choice.

Judging by the responses on here, it seems others have come to the same conclusions as I have about Nacet. Similar to Feather and Lab, slightly better than Astra SP. Nacet is easily in my top four performing blades. Considering the price difference between Feather and Nacet, I consider it a no-brainer to go for Nacet. It will be my next 100-blade purchase. In the long run, however, I still consider Astra SP a better value: nearly as well performing, but respectably cheaper.

I don't know where you have been buying your Nacet blades from but I got 100 for under 10 bucks delivered. So perhaps you buy Astras cheaper than that?

Agree with tejolot3, AstraSP are my best all around blade if you consider cost.

+1. Astra SPs are terrific blades IMO. :thumbup1:

As I try to find the best match for new Wolfman SB, the top contenders are: Astra SP, Personna Reds, Nacet, GSB. Need to go through the inventory one or two more times, so this will be a project.

Gave the Nacet a go for two shaves. For some reason, the blade really tore my face up. With Personna Preps/Labs, I may get a small nick once in a while, but the Nacet made me bleed all over.

On the plus side, it is quite sharp and did a great job removing hair.

I just got 100 from Amazon. Have shaved with one the last two days. Very nice blade. Almost as sharp as a Feather and smoother and more comfortable than a GSB for my face. Glad I got them.

I recently purchased 100 each of PSI, GSB, Nacet and Perma-sharp. I've been trying them in that order and am on shave 5 of a Nacet today. Very sharp and smooth out of a group of very sharp and smooth blades. So far, having tried only one of each, Nacet is my favorite but that could change during the next round. Regardless, it's a very good blade from the first shave. If it gives me 8 or 9 good shaves it will be at least the equal of the others.

Top Bottom