What's new

King C. Gillette

Every time I go to the drug store, I stop and check the shaving isle for blades. Yesterday, I saw it had King C. blades so I decided to buy a pack, they were a tad expensive at 8 dollars for a pack of 10, but I hadn't tried them before, and I want to support traditional shaving so I try and buy products when I see them in stores. I shaved with the blade last night, and I was happily surprised by how nice it was. Granted the first shave is always the best, but It was smooth and close. I am looking forward to watching the blades performance over the coming weeks.

Every time I go to the drug store, I stop and check the shaving isle for blades. Yesterday, I saw it had King C. blades so I decided to buy a pack, they were a tad expensive at 8 dollars for a pack of 10, but I hadn't tried them before, and I want to support traditional shaving so I try and buy products when I see them in stores. I shaved with the blade last night, and I was happily surprised by how nice it was. Granted the first shave is always the best, but It was smooth and close. I am looking forward to watching the blades performance over the coming weeks.
I recently bought the 100 pack from Amazon priced at $16 or so. Made in China. It was excellent for me and I consider it a good value going forward.

I only have two Russian KCG blades (from the great blade exchange here on B&B - thanks @dmshaver ) and I've put at least 10 shaves on the first one and it is only just starting to show signs of not being quite as sharp as the first shave. The only blade I can think of that comes close to lasting this long is the 7 o'clock black. Great blade! I should have bought some before they moved production to China.

I recently bought the 100 pack from Amazon priced at $16 or so. Made in China. It was excellent for me and I consider it a good value going forward.

I liked the Russian made ones that came with the razor, but I wouldn't buy them for the in-store price.

I also just got the 100 pack of Chinese ones last week but I haven't tried them yet. I haven't seen much commentary on the China made ones.

I did a blind comparison of Russian vs China KCG's - I couldn't tell a difference or find a trend of any sort after 24 shaves. Great blade, and the 100 pack makes it a much better value than the in store 10 pack. That said, it is nice to be able to find these blades in almost any pharmacy.

Last edited:
Well I just received my 100 pack. Interesting way of packaging though I wish they'd just put them in a sleeve and charge a couple dollars less :c1:
1715724388144.png

Gonna have to wait for my whiskers to grow out before I can test them.

Just had my first shave with the Chinese KCG blade. Very sharp and I got a great shave. Reports I have read say it doesn't last as long as the Russian KCG and that it isn't as smooth. I don't know if it was as smooth as the Russian blades but it was smooth enough for me and I got a really close shave without irritation. We'll see how it lasts over the next few days.

I've had two shaves with the Chinese KCG blade. Both shaves were in a 50s SuperSpeed and had a lot of days in-between. Lot's of stubble to deal with. The blade is plenty sharp but maybe not super smooth. It mows down the hair with no problem, but I need to try it on a more regular schedule to feel it with less stubble.

Otherwise, I haven't used the Russian KCG in a long time and I only had the ones that came with the razor. I seem to remember those being smoother.

Top Bottom