What's new

Geoffrey Beene -- Bowling Green EDT

I just received a bottle of Bowling Green I purchased from another member, and I've got to say, I absolutely love it. Then I realized why.........for all those who have wanted a cologne/edt that smells like the classic Musgo Real A/S.......this is it!!

Anyone else share this opinion??

never tried Musgo real, But BG is really nice. It's another one of those frags you can find sometimes at TJ MAXX.

I like it as well. First bottle was 20 years ago in college and I still have one on the shelf today. It puzzles me that this frag did not make the cut. At least it is fairly easy to cop a bottle when needed.

I'm planning to buy some more (there are a number of places on the interwebs that sell it). I haven't worn it, or indeed any cologne, for years.

I never took to Grey Flannel, but Bowling Green really did it for me.

Regards,

Bob Eye

Sorry to bump and oldie but I like the stuff too. Found several bottles at Big/Odd Lots for very cheap, and bought them out.

Thanks to The Nid Hog (who gave me a bonus sample of this fragrance in a recent soap/cream trade) I just got turned on to Bowling Green, and I really enjoy it!

The initial citrus blast can be a bit much sometimes, but the drydown is very pleasant - a nice woodsy/spicy combo with just hints of the citrus wafting through every now and then. I have only tried the AS and ASB, but the combo layers well, and it lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin, which is fairly long-lived for an AS.

With all the citrus up front, I'd recommend it as a Spring/Summer scent - but hey, what do I know? Two months ago I was using Mennen Afta, had been for 30 years, and didn't think I needed anything else!:eek:

If any of you didn't know it, this scent has been discontinued by Geoffrey Beene - although it's still pretty widely available, both on the net and at brick-and-mortar discount outlets. For those of you close to a J&B Cigars/Outlet store, you can find Bowling Green ASB, AS, and EdT there (the former 2 in small sample sizes, and the Edt in a full sized spray.) The 1 oz ASB's were $1.00, the 2 oz AS were $2.50, and the EdT was $15.00 for 4 oz.

Top Bottom