What's new

Gem Blades in Toronto??

I recently picked up a 1912 Gem razor as part of a ebay multi razor deal.

I have been reading about their shave qualities on this site and am ready to try it.

I have looked at every drug store and department store in my area and all I could find are hardware (scraper) quality blades.

Anyone know where you can find them in the GTA.

Thanks

I recently picked up a 1912 Gem razor as part of a ebay multi razor deal.

I have been reading about their shave qualities on this site and am ready to try it.

I have looked at every drug store and department store in my area and all I could find are hardware (scraper) quality blades.

Anyone know where you can find them in the GTA.

Thanks

Nowhere - order them from Ted Pella - tell them to ship USPS ground and you won't have any problems.

You can buy a 10 pack of Treets from ebay for $4.99 US plus shipping. Treets are very good SE razors. I use them and am well satisfied.

Last edited:
If he doesn't, I will.

e-mailed them about shipping, here is the response

Dear Alex,
We are pleased to provide you with the following pricing:
Qty 1 Blades, S/S, PTFE Treated, Pkg/200 US$34.85

Shipment by FedEx Ground Insured is US$13.65

Shipment: from stock after receipt of order and payment
Validity: 30 days

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Judy Conger
Export Assistant, Pelco International
A Division of Ted Pella, Inc.
Phone: 530-243-2200 Fax: 530-243-3761
[email protected] www.tedpella.com

Since it is shipped by fedex we are likely to pay customs fees.

Let me know if you are still interested. I think that even 100 is a lot of blades and the best way for is is to organize a 4-way split, lets see if we can gage some interest from fellow canucks

Let me know if you are still interested. I think that even 100 is a lot of blades and the best way for is is to organize a 4-way split, lets see if we can gage some interest from fellow canucks

I just got an email from Canemeco here in Canada. All prices in Canadian dollars Unless I can find a local Toronto supplier, I suspect that I'll be buying a box from them. I've asked what they would charge for shipping for two boxes.

Here's what they say about one box of 100:

In reply to your request please do accept our quotation as:

Cat# 313B...............................$31.50 per box

Shipping by Canada post would be $15.00 to your location.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Best regards,

Brenda Dawson
Canemco Inc.
Tel: (450)562-1451
Fax: (450)562-3430

Maybe try EMS (electron microscopy sciences). You can order 100 PTFE coated gem blades (the Pellas) instead of 200 - folks outside the US seem to have had better luck w/them.

http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/products/preparation/blades.aspx#71940

Another place to try for SE blades online is

http://www.americarx.com - but you'd have to email about shipping. They have Blue Stars, PALS, Treets and GEM Personnas (the Pella ones, I'm told).

I would think insurance would be very optional on razor blades.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I thought the concensus was that Ted Pella has the best SE blades.

Edit: Nevermind the blades are the same

Last edited:

I would be in for a split.

Top Bottom