What's new

Fruity February — With One Day More In 2024

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last year, @Time Bandit hosted Fruity February for enthusiasts of soaps, creams, balms, splashes, colognes with fruity scents and shave gear with fruity color or made from the products of fruit trees (applewood, coconut, Mühle STF bristles, etcetera) and this year it’s not only back, but I’m personally adding an extra calendar day just for you!

Sign up, don’t sign up. It’s all good. Combine with other February events to make a One Blade In Fruity February for example? I am and so can you!

Break out your ARKO!, your agrumes, your blueberry cheesecake eau de parfum! Strawberries, guava, cherries, whatever smells or looks fruity that you like, use it!

Let’s make this the best February we have all year!

For the entire month, I will be using the combination of La Rosa Profunda (SOTM) and the Gillette Minora Platinum (OBIF).
:thumbup1:

full
full

thombrogan

One Blade In Fruity February Eve

Tonight’s pleasant shave
Karve brass Overlander on PAA el Fantasma Naranja handle
Loi Titanium (2)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: brushed water on whiskers
Lather: slightly mentholated ARKO!, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: warm shower
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

It all starts tomorrow for me, but everypony in the Pacific islands, Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe, and parts of South America and Antarctica got a head start. I didn’t want to miss out!

Added a teeny menthol crystal to my lemony ARKO! and lathered up. Instead of going to town ATG on the right hand side of my neck like always, I shaved my upper lip and my chin WTG. Refreshed my lather and shaved my whole WTG (including chin and upper lip again). Lathered again and did my ATG pass hovering about as desired. Even with the WTG passes, there was a lot to do. No worries: using ARKO! and I deployed the Loi. All good, all gentle.

Slapped the Aqua Velva on my face and neck and there was no sting! At first, there was no sting! It make a glissando from painless to a sting that wasn’t too sharp.

It wasn’t BBS; it’s never BBS; but my skin feels smooth enough to suggest I’m not looking forward to watching Matlock re-runs before my shift tomorrow. It’s a good one, too, with a book thief charged with oh you know the one!

Never took a Loi past 16 shaves, but I have 29 ARKO!-enhanced days ahead to try.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Citrus scents are my favorite and I love using them. But it's too dang cold and dreary here in February to break them out. This is prime time for the winter scents I have. 😉

Good luck to those that do participate though. I'll see you in the spring. And summer. And fall. 🍻

Thursday Morning - Happy Fruity February

VC1 with a missing blade stop did well on it's second outing. Little cowlick Vintage Boar brush did fine but it was a bit of a latherhog on it's first outing. Some Peach and Citrus for my first Fruity post. Just posting for fun.

Valet AutoStrop VC1 Razor
GEM SS PTFE Blade (3X)
Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac Soap
Butterfly Boar Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix
4711 Kolognewasser

A9D7C7E1-B0B7-4518-B30B-758206B13F8A-compressed.jpeg

SOTD February 1st 2024 💵 💰💲
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge
Fruit February 2024

Hello friends

Sultry afternoon here. Even though I'm not a daily shaver and I shaved yesterday, I decided to debut today, at OBIF, February 2024 GRUME and Fruity February as soon as possible. I chose to be very traditional: Gillette Tech, a brand new Gillette Nacet that should accompany me throughout the month, Arko, Semogue SOC Finest and Pinaud Citrus Musk gave me an extremely pleasurable shave.

With us, Bob Dylan paying tribute to Frank.

Rating: 10

Have a nice evening and great shaves!
❤️🪒

8895C24D-6E96-4A1E-82E0-71982BA2D7F1.jpeg
IMG_4782.jpeg

thombrogan

One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s pleasant shave
Karve brass Overlander on PAA el Fantasma Naranja handle
Loi Titanium (3)
Pre-shave: brushed water on whiskers
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

“Four” passes (WTG+buffing, XTG+buffing, ATG+buffing, more ATG+buffing) and some cleanup and I still missed some spots. No aftershave sting, but a few weepers. Weird. It was a lot of ARKO! so it was a lot of win.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Friday Morning Fruity Shave

I never considered myself an Injector fan until this shave. WOW Beautiful result with what I think is a Type E. Little Made Rite Badger was soft as a cloud but very little backbone. I had to back to the tub for a third pass refresh. Overall a very clean and comfortable shave.

Schick Injector Razor
Personna Blade (1X)
Abbate Y La Mantia Fufluns Soap
Made Rite No. 52 Pure Badger Vintage Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix
Myrsol Agua Di Limon Aftershave

3F2A999C-B58A-4D81-83B2-5B0DB8DA5F78-compressed.jpeg

thombrogan

One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s pleasant shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84 on PAA el Fantasma handle
Loi Titanium (4)
Pre-shave: no
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

I wanted a brisk and enjoyable shave. And that’s what I had. M’boi, Loi, was a total joy. The ARKO! kept everything delightfully fruit-scented and oh so slick. A neutrally ATG pass with cleanup for the win!

Top Bottom