What's new

Footwear of the Day

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Nike
Cortez
Light Armory Blue

1000008130.jpg

I have a half dozen or so pairs of Red Wings. These were my first from 15 years ago. I lost them maybe 2-3 years ago and thought they were goners.

My wife was going thru some old clothes in the basement and said “are these the stupid boots you have been bugging me about?”

Ahhhh. My old friends. Quick treatment and off I went today.

Such amazing boots. Due for a resole in a year or two… unless she “loses” them again. 👍

IMG_7566.jpeg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Often imitated, but never duplicated. Truly a classic.

I’ve always had the Nike Cortez on my list (along with the Nike Low Blazer ‘77) but have yet to pull the trigger.

@Marco , how do you find the fit and feel of the Cortez with their seemingly narrow profile?
Fit is perfect for me because I have normal/narrow feet (never had the need for a larger last on any of my shoes).

That said, I already have 2 Cortez models and desire more. Here below a couple I'm interested in.

1000008172.jpg

1000008157.jpg

The first Cortez above (white, light blue, tan) are going to be released this summer and already know I can find them here in Italy, too. The second Cortez below are called "Voodoo" and apparently they are for the American market only. However, I hope to find them in New York City this summer (yes, I'm coming to the US!).

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Velasca
Polentatt
Black Semi-Brogue Oxfords

View attachment 1831449

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was the Burwood by Church’s.
IMG_9401.jpeg

Very nice, Marco. The Polentatt certainly takes it up a notch.

Today… another shoe from our Italian friends at Astorflex. This is a new pair of the Brownflex chukka in Ebano leather. These are made for and sold exclusively at Huckberry. (More pics and further comments in the Desert Boot thread).
IMG_9398.jpeg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
When I first saw the picture, I thought it was the Burwood by Church’s.
View attachment 1832028

Very nice, Marco. The Polentatt certainly takes it up a notch.

Today… another shoe from our Italian friends at Astorflex. This is a new pair of the Brownflex chukka in Ebano leather. These are made for and sold exclusively at Huckberry. (More pics and further comments in the Desert Boot thread). View attachment 1832023
Robert, do you want to laugh loudly? Church's has moved part of its production to Italy in the Marche Region, EXACTLY where Velasca shoes are manufactured...

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Robert, do you want to laugh loudly? Church's has moved part of its production to Italy in the Marche Region, EXACTLY where Velasca shoes are manufactured...

It’s uncanny, isn’t it? And Mrs. Gold says I don’t pay attention.

(…. but she’s still adorable. 😉🙄😎).

Top Bottom