What's new

First Shave TODAY

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Today I had the pleasure of doing My first SR Shave Thanks To one Very outstanding Member here on B&B
One of the nicest guys you could ever meet,A guy that would give you the shirt off his back.
Well anyway I did a one pass shave today and everything went well (almost)
I was down to cleaning up My neck and it happened as soon as I touched the blade to My Face ,I think that I was getting to comfortable .
I can see the joy in using a SR and why so many of you guy's really enjoy it.
Going to Give a few shaves before I pass any Judgement on My part.
I do have a Question about stropping, how often and how do you know when ?
$IMG_6467.jpg$IMG_6471.jpg$IMG_6473.jpg

For best results strop before every shave. I even do a light strop before doing my second pass. By the way, nice set up you have pictured above.

Congrats on the beginning straight razor adventure . I'm not sure what you have for a strop . But my routine is 30 to 40 passes on Fabric and
same for leather . before and after each shave. You can certainly do more than this but for me I've found this to work. Good luck to you.:thumbup:

I understand that stropping is essential before a shave in order to refine the edge, and after the shave to ensure that the edge is clean and dry, so this is what I do.

C.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Today I had the pleasure of doing My first SR Shave Thanks To one Very outstanding Member here on B&B
One of the nicest guys you could ever meet,A guy that would give you the shirt off his back.
Well anyway I did a one pass shave today and everything went well (almost)
I was down to cleaning up My neck and it happened as soon as I touched the blade to My Face ,I think that I was getting to comfortable .
I can see the joy in using a SR and why so many of you guy's really enjoy it.
Going to Give a few shaves before I pass any Judgement on My part.
I do have a Question about stropping, how often and how do you know when ?

Congrats. Using a straight is pretty much an art and a science as you are finding out. The exhilaration of use and the ritual process is what hooks most people. Certainly have to give it time and practice. I have spent years and I still learn things. As to stropping, each has his own habit. Best to peruse the strops and stropping subforum and bone up there. Decide if it the path you want to take and then develop your skill!

Top Bottom