What's new

first fountain pen

I believe @Rudy Vey has a nice one as well but here is mine :c1:

DEF1516C-18C1-4CF6-9860-297D2C7D7530.jpeg

Lamy I like these and owned one. Nibs are interchangeable. They hold ink for about one or two hours and kind of short for a long writing session. Lamy has great ink colors that match new releases.

Pilot 78G used to be the best and very affordable. I think most would say the 2023 pen of choice is the metropolitan. The Prera offers a great choice and the nibs are easier to work on if you like a more rounded European flow. The pilot penmanship was a long desk pen with extra fine nib for tinkerers and those flourishing pens.

As for the cross I think I gifted some of these and had some of these 25 years ago.

To add to the list TWSBI is excellent.
Franklin Christoph is another.

Baoer used to make no. 5 nibs.
And wing sung is legendary for affordable pens with lots of build choices.

Parker is another.

I like Monteverde for build quality. They are easy to assemble.
And the nibs have housing that makes them work extremely easily.

HIS NIBS is where I would have anyone interested in new pens to look. There is also some Jinhao and he tunes pens and nibs so they write out of the box.

Goulet pens is where I would send new people. And Pen Chalet does a tremendous job sourcing new items.

Chrome-covered Waterman, brought back by a friend from France in 1991. I still have it, but unfortunately, I bent the nib once by accident, so it sits, unused, as a reminder.

Top Bottom