What's new

Featured Aftershave - Musgo Real Classic Scent

SWMBO gave me a bottle each of the splash and balm for Christmas. Both smell great, but the balm is much more subdued. Both leave the face feeling very soft and smooth.

The splash is the first alcohol based product I have been able to tolerate on my face after shaving.

Can you tell me which of the Musgo colognes most resemble the scent of the splash?

Harry, I don't know if anyone else really tackled this but here goes. NONE of the Musgo colognes smells like the splash. I have sampled all three of the colognes and didn't find any of them to even approach the quality of the scent of the splash. They all have a plastic/synthetic undertone to them that my nose spots instantly. Do not let me dissuade you from trying them if you like. They are not horrid or "bad", they just don't do it for me. The splash is infinitely superior to them by my estimation.

Regards, Todd

The cap of my bottle of Musgo has developed a crack running all the way down one side. Be careful not to over-tighten your caps! :blushing:

I stopped by a local vendor who sells some of the Musgo line and tried the Balsam (lotion). I could hardly detect a scent, which I like. I'm not sure if I like the feel on my skin, though. Must be the beeswax, because it felt a little tacky. It also seemed a little hard to coax it out of the bottle. Still, it seems like a great product at a fair price. I think the splash is for me, though. Unfortunately this vendor doesn't sell the splash, so I couldn't give it a try. I guess I'll have to go with a $20 "sample."

Okay, Musgo fans. Help me out here. I have the shave cream and glyce lime soap and love them. I can't purchase the rest of the Musgo line all at once, or SWMBO will turn me out on the streets. She also thinks the shave cream is a little "old man" smelling (although she is wrong!).

So, what would you recommend as the next must have in this line? The aftershave splash that instigated this thread? The aftershave lotion? Or the pre shave oil?

I've got both the splash and the oil (one of these days I'll give the cream a try, but I've already got too many tubes in rotation with a couple soaps...).
The splash is great, and the oil is a medium-weight product with a nice hint of menthol for both smell and a little cooling feel. You really can't go wrong either way, I'd say go with whatever would best enhance your rotation or fill a need (if you've got a half dozen splashes and one or two oils, maybe get the oil first or vice versa), although ultimately both should serve you well.

Love this stuff!

I catch myself surrupticiously sniffing my hands all through the morning after applying it!

I love how it works, but I can't STAND the smell and neither can my SWMBO

I'm gonna have to go with Bill on this one. I love scent. Unfortunately scent is very personal so they don't all work for everyone. Maybe it will grow on you after a while?

Big fan here-:thumbup1:

and a photo for old times sake.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have said so many times before, it is God's aftershave, and we should all be thankful he lets us use it.

Top Bottom