What's new

Ethos Violeta Launch F base soap and splash

IMG_3023.jpeg

Soap Description:

Violeta F Base Shave Soap is a 100% Pure Organic Violet Shave soap made with Violet Absolutes, Extracts, and a Violet infusion of both leaves and flowers. If you grew up smelling Violet plants you will surely enjoy Violeta Shave Soap. As with all ETHOS products this Shave Soap is loaded with skin beneficial ingredients including out EOS Complex. It lathers up well and provides excellent slickness, protection and post shave. The Aroma is a masculine floral scent, grassy, slightly woody, with a natural powdery note far in the background.

Soap Ingredients:

Aloe Vera Juice, Stearic Acid, Grass Fed Beef Tallow, Duck Fat, Organic Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Kokum Butter, Cupuacu Butter, Organic Glycerin, Potassium Stearate, Sheep Milk, Camel Milk, Sodium Hydroxide, Grass Fed Bison Tallow, Argan Oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Handmade Violet Leaf and Flower infusion, Organic Violet Leaf Absolute-10%, Organic Violet Leaf Absolute, Violet Flower Extrait, Ostrich Oil, EOS Complex, Allantoin, Oat Amino Acids, Silk Amino Acids, Soy/Rice Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein, Organic Vitamin E ET - 50 Oil, Sodium Lactate, Xanthan Gum, Lanolin, Comfrey Extract Calendula Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Organic Viola Odorata Extract, Milk Thistle Extract, Chamomile Extract. Capritolin (Natural Preservative)

IMG_3025.jpeg

Splash Description:

The Violeta Skin Food Splash smells so good! An Aroma blend of pure 100% Authentic Violet Absolutes, Extracts and a homemade infusion. As with all our Skin Food Splashes, this contains our EOS Complex along with other skin beneficial ingredients. This splash won't dry out your skin or leave a residue and will improve the skin with continuous use.

Splash Ingredients:

Organic Pure Sugar Cane Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Water (Witch Hazel), Handmade Violet Leaf and Flower infusion, Organic Violet Leaf Absolute-10%, Organic Violet Leaf Absolute, Violet Flower Extract, EOS Complex, Allantoin, DL-Panthenol, Aloe Vera Juice, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramide Complex, White Birch Extract, Honeysuckle Extract, Calendula Extract, Comfrey Extract

I was pretty excited about a note that this was finally shipping soon (I’ve had it on preorder for a while).

Looking at the ingredient list it is probably a first ever all natural pure violet soap.

I know it’s a limited release that will be for sale within the next 2 weeks at distributors in the US. I enjoy Ethos products so it was a natural choice for me to preorder… enjoy!

My pre order was completed yesterday. Hopefully it will be arriving later this coming week. I don't have any real experience with natural violet but felt compelled to try this one based on scent description and the amazing Ethos F base.

I have to admit, Rosa shocked me, I expect Violeta will too (in a positive way).

Ethos F base by far is my number 1.

The first pic is the violet extract he made almost black in color (so dark green).

IMG_3009.jpeg

The second is the first few jars from weeks ago, as they were filled and left to cure - this is during the processing, before they are wiped around the rim and cleaned up. Look at the green hue. With a proper white balance, I bet they were a lot greener.

Anyhow, that is how interested i am, so I asked for pics along the way.

IMG_3008.jpeg

Really, really disappointed by this scent. Was expecting a pure violet bomb and what i get is a mainly green/grassy scent with some violet in the background. For $60 for 4.5oz i feel totally ripped off (yes, I know scent is totally personal). I was eager to try the F base but I think that will have to wait as I have zero interest in lathering this up. This will get sold straight away!

Really, really disappointed by this scent. Was expecting a pure violet bomb and what i get is a mainly green/grassy scent with some violet in the background. For $60 for 4.5oz i feel totally ripped off (yes, I know scent is totally personal). I was eager to try the F base but I think that will have to wait as I have zero interest in lathering this up. This will get sold straight away!
Is it your first try with Ethos? Many scents are pure, it actually smells like violet to me. Safer scents are Lavender, Nuage de Citron, Fresco, Bay Rum, Sandalwood, Tonka bean and Success that smell exactly how they would sound.

Flower scents where you don’t use fragrance oils (synthetics) don’t have a perfume- based scent so it might not be what someone would think.

The F base is awesome, that I would put my money on. The scent, of course it is subjective as you said.

Contact who you bought it for and see about a swap for lavender or other scent and some credit?

I believe Violetta is supposed to be green. It uses an infusion made out of the entire plant, not only the flower. If you are looking for a pure floral, try Rosa. It's pure natural rose.

This particular scent screamed high risk especially given the cost. I personally would have asked around for a sample (there are probably a few members here who would have obliged you) before committing to a tub, especially at the price point. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I did blind buy one of Frank's scents, green-fresh, and was not disappointed in the least. This one would not have been a blind buy candidate for sure.

If you were following along Frank's posts elsewhere he did mention on multiple occassions that it wasn't pure floral and there was a very greenish note right at the top.

This particular scent screamed high risk especially given the cost. I personally would have asked around for a sample (there are probably a few members here who would have obliged you) before committing to a tub, especially at the price point. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I did blind buy one of Frank's scents, green-fresh, and was not disappointed in the least. This one would not have been a blind buy candidate for sure.

If you were following along Frank's posts elsewhere he did mention on multiple occassions that it wasn't pure floral and there was a very greenish note right at the top.
100% accurate and also described in the scent notes.

Rosa is a lot more floral for sure.

Scents like Honeysuckle, Violeta, and Rosa you have to read the scent notes carefully.

Watermelon mint i could easily buy blind if I wanted that scent.

+1! Sample first, especially in that price range. Great advice!! :thumbup:

I happen to love this scent. If you like green and grassy with underlying tones of violets, it is really great.

I expect a lot of different opinions on scents, but this one does not smell like violet bath soap you would find online made with synthetic fragrance.

A generous member possibly, I am out of it. It does not have a floral scent it is more green and earthy. Floral would be Rosa and Honeysuckle.

Top Bottom