What's new

Feather Popular vs. Shaving Factory Double Edge Safety Razor

I'm out in the market for a new (cheap) razor for travel. I used a Mach 3 for travel as it is quick and blades are available everywhere, but starting next month I'd be travelling much more and I think it is time to invest in a travel DE.

I can find Feather Popular and Shaving Factory Double Edge Safety Razor that seem to fit the bill. I use Gillette Wilkies from India, if that makes a difference.

Opinions?

Find a Schick Krona on the 'bay for a few bucks. Hint: search for Schick razor and you might find a bargain. Not having Krona in the listing seems to drop the price by 75%.

Find a Schick Krona on the 'bay for a few bucks. Hint: search for Schick razor and you might find a bargain. Not having Krona in the listing seems to drop the price by 75%.

Or try Gillette Knack in your search and you should be able to score one in the $10-$20 dollar range that is shave ready and mint condition.

OK, I searched for those but I'd have to pay international shipping on those. Adding that, both Krona and Knack would cost me as much as Merkur or EJ cost here. Not really worth it.

Should have been more clearer. I'm in Delhi. Here we got Gillette, Feather, Shaving Factory, Parker, Merkur and Edwin Jagger as options for a DE, along with local brands. I'm sure there are more, but these are readily available ones.

Gillette Sterling is another super cheap option, but I'm not able to find it anywhere. A local convenience store told me Gillette stopped making Sterling.

The price for Sterling, Popular and Shaving Factory is ₹100, ₹849, ₹1299, respectively. That would be $1.6, $13, $20.

Last edited:
I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but get a Feather Popular. It's a fine razor. Use the Feather blade and it you're not a complete noob you'll get a fantastic shave. Cheers

Top Bottom