What's new

Feather AC Blades

Will the Feather AC's take Schick or other less expensive injector blades? Also on average how many shaves can you get out of the feather blades?

Last edited:
I'm not aware of blades that will fit other than ones designed for the AC. There are several varieties of those.

If you want an uber-sharp razor each morning, then you will change out the blades more often. Most report up to five or six shaves with a Pro blade. In general, the blades will last at least two or three times as long as a DE blade. As a lark, I put a Pro-Guard blade in my razor and kept it going for 19 shaves (there is a thread on it around here somewhere). The shaves after about five were mild and very comfortable - more like a nice sharp straight razor. I finally stopped when I thought the blade needed a good stropping (which a Guard doesn't lend itself to). I take them to 7 or 8 shaves (at least) all the time.

Before my experiment, Serephim ran one up into the double digits, too. He experimented with stropping them (Pro blade - not a Guard) and discovered it works fine. However, stropping the blade won't return it to its original sharpness - but it will keep it going nicely.

I think the Feather system is superb and I use it more often than anything else.

I'm not aware of blades that will fit other than ones designed for the AC. There are several varieties of those.

If you want an uber-sharp razor each morning, then you will change out the blades more often. Most report up to five or six shaves with a Pro blade. In general, the blades will last at least two or three times as long as a DE blade. As a lark, I put a Pro-Guard blade in my razor and kept it going for 19 shaves (there is a thread on it around here somewhere). The shaves after about five were mild and very comfortable - more like a nice sharp straight razor. I finally stopped when I thought the blade needed a good stropping (which a Guard doesn't lend itself to). I take them to 7 or 8 shaves (at least) all the time.

Before my experiment, Serephim ran one up into the double digits, too. He experimented with stropping them (Pro blade - not a Guard) and discovered it works fine. However, stropping the blade won't return it to its original sharpness - but it will keep it going nicely.

I think the Feather system is superb and I use it more often than anything else.

Actually what I was doing was pasted stropping, not leather stropping which indeed can return the edge to optimal keeness for quite a long time.

Actually what I was doing was pasted stropping, not leather stropping which indeed can return the edge to optimal keeness for quite a long time.

The thing is i'm trying to take the leap into straight razor shaving so i don't own a strop...yet.

Only the Feather or Kai blades. Number of shaves will vary according to your skin type and shave style. Some get lots of shaves, and some get less. An average of 6 to 15 shaves seems to be about the average.

The thing is i'm trying to take the leap into straight razor shaving so i don't own a strop...yet.

Not needed with the Feather. As I said, I got 19 without stropping or tuning of any kind. They are almost maintenance free and as you get used to using them, the blade cost gets prorated over enough shaves to make them cheaper than good DE blades.

Only the Feather or Kai blades. Number of shaves will vary according to your skin type and shave style. Some get lots of shaves, and some get less. An average of 6 to 15 shaves seems to be about the average.

Also Dorco (or Dorko?) blades, but they're difficult to get hold of outside of Korea I think.

Also Dorco (or Dorko?) blades, but they're difficult to get hold of outside of Korea I think.

There was talk about doing a group buy a while back but it seems the prices where not that good after all, a shame because the blade I got from one of the members was outstanding!

There was talk about doing a group buy a while back but it seems the prices where not that good after all, a shame because the blade I got from one of the members was outstanding!

Yes - I wish the heck we could get the group buy going but our sources are just not reliable enough to try it. I don't mind risking my own money but a group needs a solid purchasing channel. I bought a case of them on that first buy and then the source dried up. I only got them because I bought something else that was more expensive and the dealer threw in the blades at a huge discount. Anyone got a source in Korea that will even talk to us? I got them for less than the cost of DE blades - shipped. But again, that was a special deal. If we could get them for 10 blades for $5 or so shipped, we could distribute them and make it worth while. Dorco USA won't stock them.

I bet injector blades would fit nice in a Parker razor. I have used Feather blades in the Parker, but had to trim them down. Injectors are a bit shorter (1/4"?) which would be perfect.

I think B&B member casus4844 is in Korea

Yes, he is the one that I worked with the first time. His source dried up - he tried several times to find someone to act as a distributor and couldn't get them to work with him. However, he is a good source and if he puts something up for sale, it is reasonable and he follows through. He took a good chunk of change from me, delivered ahead of time and was very prompt and easy to work with.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Yes, I purchased my second kamisori from him.:thumbup1:

For the February one blade challenge, I plan on using a Personna 74 injector blade in my Feather AC

Mike H

Instagram Famous
OP, to definitively answer your question, yes they fit, and work just fine. Loaded an injector blade into my Feather AC RG this morning and worked great. Yes the blade is about 1/3 shorter, but I loaded the blade nearer the tip and had no issues.

Crappy comparison photo below :lol:

$002.jpg

I was looking for these online and elsewhere and I don't see them being all that inexpensive. They are a dollar each through Walgreens online ($6.95 for 7). You can get Feather Pro blades pack of 20 for 12.95. Does someone have a better source than I could find?

If you don't need the injector key, the Personna hair shaper blades can be had 20 for $5, but I have never used them.

http://www.ussalonsupply.com/Person...=gdfV22437_a_7c751_a_7c5244_a_7cBMX_d_BP8900B

Ladykate, I agree, it is just as cheap to use the feather blades, they last a long time.

Thanks for the tip, I have some Schick blades. However if Feather blades can last weeks I'd go with those. Right now I have a Parker SR1 on the way. If I like that, I'll try a Feather or more likely a real straight. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom