What's new

Favourite instant coffee?

In terms of the UK can anyone recommend a good instant cover for someone who who likes a strong - three shots- black Americano. Current instant coffee is Kenco Americano but I am ready for a change.
I usually take these in the single sleeves, 3 for a 350ml serving

proxy.php

My instant coffee choice is Percol which is a blend of instant and ground coffee, has a nice long taste, almost chocolatey, after the coffee has finished.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I see a lot of ppl mention Folger's instant, I should try that next time. I don't go through instant quick enough/with any sort of regularity to have a solid opinion, but I find that Nescafe Classic is a good one, smooth, no weird tastes, in offensive... but also quite bland. I tried one of those Starbucks VIA pouches last time and it hit the spot too. I bought a jar of Kronug a few years ago but it sits in the back corner of my bottom drawer at work as an "break in case of emergency"... that hasn't occured yet. Mount Hagen was recommended to me and it was ok?

My mom and dad drank instant coffee often. Once in a while they'd brew for special occasions.

Here are my favorites in order of preference from left to right...

IMG_1122.jpg

I still enjoy a cup of fresh brewed coffee but I really appreciate the convenience factor of instants now and then.

I'm not much for instant coffee. I will if i need to in a pinch. I have a decent palate for most things but instant coffee tastes like instant coffee to me. I do have some pouches for single cups of cafe Bustelo in my knife roll for when I forgot to bring in the cold brew for there afternoon sip.

However. My Latino line cooks and support staff like Nescafe. They come in every morning and make a huge pot of it. Mind you there is a Bunn .75 liter machine (already warm) and an airport they can use with free coffee!

Now if I make coffee they'll gladly drink that.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Starbucks Via has turned me into a snob. Pretty much ruined my desire for other instant coffee. IMO, it's better than most regular drip coffee.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Wanted to get around coffee today so had one of those 3-in-1 drink mixes/milktea with tea/creamer/sugar. It also comes in coffee version, and diff versions of sugar free/cocoa etc. The one I have rn is called "Blendy Stick" but many brands of this sort exist. Its a nice diversion from the usual.

Side issue, I recycle whenever I can but even better is to repurpose. Glass coffee jars have a good capacity and are useful for many home engineers and crafts people, can I encourage you to wash out the jars and remove the label, store if you don't know someone who can use them immediately.

They make great undershelf storage for screws, nails, rawplugs etc. Drill three holes in the lid and fix to the underside of a wooden shelf with three stubby screws. I use mine for drill bits, screws, nuts, bolts and many other things!

When im camping and use instant coffee I prefer Folgers just for the ease and it doesn't taste too bad. When im feeling extra lazy ill just make some cowboy coffee with whatever I have on me.

I'll add that when it comes to a nice cold , refreshing , delicious frappe' nothing beats instant genuine Greek Nescafe' ....Freeze dried coffee just doesn't work like spray dried coffee does and Nescafe' has that certain flavor profile just perfect for frappe .
Frappe-scaled.jpeg
frappm.jpeg

I pretty much only drink instant when I am backpacking, but occasionally have it around the house. Folger's Noir Golden Dusk is my favorite (but can be hard to find), followed by Cafe Bustelo. A local coffee shop has started making some of their fantastic blends available as instant, so that's always nice. A little bougie for backpacking, though.

Top Bottom